Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,603   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

Omega C760 Accessories

I picked up one of these on Ebay at a bargain price. Now I am looking for a 6x7 mixing chamber (for the Dichoric lighting unit) and some negative carriers. Are any of these items interchangable with other Omega enlargers?

Looking on Ebay I see a goodly number of negative carriers and mixing chambers for other Omega enlargers but very few for the C760.

Thanks,
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The C700 and C760 Dichroic Heads are the same, only difference is the numbers they put on the front.
    The 6x7 chambers can be hard to find. I looked for a long time before I found one.
    Look for the whole head and ask if the chamber inside is a 6x7 or 35mm and if 6x7 then you could just buy the whole head as they sell for next to nothing; I think I got a spare head for about $15. That way you will get a 6x7 chamber, a spare bulb and a spare head.

You can still find the chambers new, but they are about $70.

BTW, the C760 Negative carries are different than the C700.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take look on the big auction site you mentioned.
    Search for Chromega C700 as someone has a brand new head with chambers etc for $25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Omega C-700 and C-760 are different machines and use different negative carriers. Most parts do not interchange. You will have to find model specific parts and accessories for the 760. The only parts that are common are basically just lenses.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Omega C-700 and C-760 are different machines and use different negative carriers. Most parts do not interchange. You will have to find model specific parts and accessories for the 760. The only parts that are common are basically just lenses.
    The heads are essentialy the same and take the same light chambers. How the heads mount to the chasis may be different.
    The C700 is still sold by Omega and the head it takes is a C760.
    Last edited by mwdake; 12-27-2009 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found a C700 Dichoric head, new in the box, with both the 35mm and 6x7 mixing chambers for a very reasonable price. The mounting arangement is different but, for the moment, that is not important since I already have a functioning head with C760 mountings.

My objective in buying the Omega was to have a second enlarger for medium format that I would not have to change out the lens and negatrans on my 23CIII. Until I can find some negative carriers, I will just use this one for my contact sheets.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some carriers for the C760 - I'll send you a PM with the sizes.

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KHB Photographix has an excellent online reference of Omegas , current and discontinued. Great for researching what came before what, etc.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm

new...

Christian Photo has mounted 35mm carrier new in box
    and what looks to be regular 35mm carrier without box

manual
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know what city/country you are in so here are couple places I have gotten accessories for my C760s:
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/
    http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin