Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 765

Shooter
    35mm

4 Blade Leica Easel(30cm x 24cm)

my friend on a Flickr offer me this easel,in a very good condition,can accept 30cm x 24cm paper,but before i purchase the easel i want to ask an opinion here about the item..any comments about the easel?should i get other brand which is more reliable,i don't have any knowledge in darkroom equipment,just about to start in b&w printing.judging from the pics on the internet,the easel looks sturdy,and well built.
    what is the different between "leitz" and "leica"marked easel,i never saw any leica easel before,only Leitz,until my friend offer me this easel,is "leitz" is the old production?
    should i accept his offer,what is the estimated price for this easel right now?just want to make sure my money is well spent.

Thanks
    Last edited by joe7; 12-29-2009 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Joe,
    recently I bought exactly the same easel!
    It's beautifully made, most likely the best one I have used in 30+ years of photography.
    Mine is marked "Leitz -Wetzlar" in red circle, same as for Leica cameras.
    I paid it around Can$50
    If you live in US or UK (imperial system) then you will need to buy another one 11x14" or 16x20" (if you plan to print bigger prints?) since this one is good for 8x10" and little bit bigger prints.
    All the best!
    Goran

Shooter
    35mm
    this is the pics of the easel that i'm talking about,from the pics..is everything is ok?i still don't have time to meet my friend to view the actual item,quite busy lately with my work.
    all comments are welcomed.
    thanks
    http://picasaweb.google.com/eddieteo...04729522341554

Shooter
    35mm
    this is the pics of the easel that i'm talking about,from the pics..is everything is ok?i still don't have time to meet my friend to view the actual item,quite busy lately with my work.
    all comments are welcomed.
    thanks
    http://picasaweb.google.com/eddieteo...04729522341554

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin