Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,699   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pschauss View Post
    What is the best material to use for a baseboard for an enlarger? Should I just get a piece of 3/4" plywood, cut it to the size that I want, and glue some Formica to it or is there something ready-made that I can use?
    Peter

Consider not using a baseboard at all. You get the most rigidity and least vibration with a wall mounted solution. Enlarger and counter top are best to be separated.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on how big the enlarger is, but 3/4 probably isn't thick enough. The factory baseboard of my LPL is at least an inch, and it has a metal stiffener on the bottom.
    An alternative, though it's contrary to Ralph's suggestion, would be to mount the enlarger directly to the counter top, with some reinforcement underneath. The completely open surface is nice to work on. Wall mounting accomplishes the same thing, but the manufacturer's wall mounts are usually pretty expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made my own wall mount fro my Durst L1200, but I'm not sure it was cheaper than buying one. However, it's much more rigid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BaseMount.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin