Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,783   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

El-Nikkor 135mm f5.6

I have this enlarger lens as a replacement for the Schneider Companon-S 135 that I currently have which is cloudy. Unfortunately, the thread mount is not the same. I've been looking for information online on the nikkor, but haven't found much. What is the mount? 50mm screw mount? What options do I have for mounting this lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What enlarger are you mounting it to?

Sometimes a lensboard mounting solution cost more than a lens, in which case its best to get a lens with threads for the board you have. In other cases a new lensboard can be made for a few bucks.

Do you have a mounting ring with the lens?

What is your measurement of the Nikkor threads diameter?

I have had good luck cleaning foggy enlarger lenses. If it is a Componon-S it might be worth a try. If it is a Comparon then its probably not worth the effort (but it would be a good lens on which to practice disassembly).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm mounting on a durst L1000. I have 4 lens boards but none fit I guess I could get the threads milled on the one that nearly fits, but if there is a simpler solution (like buying an adapter) I'd rather do that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's the same as mine, it should be supplied with a 39mm adaptor, the threads on the lens itself are 50mm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, I didn't get one of those. So it sounds like I should try and get a 50-39 adapter then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 39mm threads on this lens are called "Leica Mount" threads. I have this lens, if I'm not mistaken (I'm not at home at the moment).

This link shows where to get one, happens to be Adorama, but they are available elsewhere. You also have to either resize the lensboard hole or get another one.

http://www.adorama.com/BE8095.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one of these with the Leica mount adaptor. Removing that reveals a thread with a diameter of about 45 mm, not 50 mm. My lens is fairly old SN 432507 so perhaps they changed it later. You need to check the actual diameter before buying a lens board.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wonder whether a LPL 50mm lensboard would fit my durst L1000. It looks similar. I found one on ebay, and it would be cheaper than screwing with a machine shop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are close but not the same. The outer diameter of an LPL board is 84 mm, also the bevel is different than the Durst boards I'm familiar with, though in itself that wouldn't be a show stopper. SK Grimes could probably supply an adaptor ring, or else drill and tap your board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dfoo, what country are you in? Durst mounting plates show up on le-bay all the time, but you have to measure the diameter of the threads on the lens to know which one to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin