Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,112   Online: 950

Shooter
    Medium Format

Removing Zone VI Cold light Head

I am in the process of installing a dichroic head in a 23CII, but i can't figure out how to disconnect the power supply from the cold head that it came with!

The connection looks like the following images.

I have no idea what to do with this connection. Both ends unscrew, but they just seem like caps to protect the stripping. The middle bridge has a 'press' instruction, but no matter how hard i try (not too hard!), it's incompressible.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried pushing the two parts together and then twisting them? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can kind of see the damage and scuffing in the lower image where i took a vise to it. I can't seem to make anything budge here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The plastic is old and has lost its 'plasticity'. You will probably have to use a screw driver to press in the area marked 'press', and pry them apart. Unfortunatly, it may break the tab, but that may be your only recourse. I have run into this problem many times servicing my 1995 automobile. over the life of the part, it is subjected to uv, and other oxidizing elements, and becomes brittle. I'm sorry I dont have any other suggestions for you.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am not familiar with this connector, so sorry I can't help. I do work with lots of different connectors. I agree that this one looks as if it will have to be damaged to get it unmated. Can you just leave it together? If you had the mating connector on your new dicroic head, I expect you would have mentioned it. Otherwise, a picture of any mating connector would help to understand how this one unlatches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the suggestion Rick. It took a little while, but with my flat head screw driver, i separated the connection. Though the damage was minimal, i don't think i sheared anything, so hopefully the head can be safely stored for later use.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin