Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,933   Posts: 1,557,026   Online: 1227

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yeah! I finally got a paper safe...

And a grain focuser! After having a box of 250 sheets (almost new) of 5x7 left open at different times by each of my children I decided that it was no longer a want but a necessity! I got one of the paper safes with 3 shelves (tan and black plastic). I also got a grain focuser! What a huge difference that makes!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Lori.
    I have two of the old heavy brumberger all-metal paper safes in my darkroom. I keep most of my b&w paper in them. Watch for them on ebay. They aren't usually too expensive (around $20), but the shipping will be almost as much. I like the roll-top feature of the brumberger model. It's self-closing, so I can't leave it open when I turn on the roomlight. I have a plastic safe that I use for colour paper. It dispenses one sheet at a time, and is self-closing too.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Images
    I was given a paper safe long ago, but it was too big & bulky for my darkroom. Seems I tossed it or gave it away. Lori, your kids go into your darkroom? Do they work in it too, or wander in? Yikes, it would be a nightmare for me, if *anyone* messed around with my papers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My kids are 14 and 21. Plus I have 4H kids 12-18. It was my own 2 and I was in there so partly my fault! At least with the paper safe the door shuts automatically! Hopefully no more accidents! I had been waiting for one of those metal brumberger paper safes. Everytime that they went for anything reasonable the shipping would be extremely prohibitive and every time the shipping was under $35 the price got too high!!! I'm sure a dozen of them will show up now that I purchased another though!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin