Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,986   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any problem I had with loading 120 SS reels became moot when I stopped using whatever attachment method was provided and, like Thomas, just started the film, perhaps, one quarter turn and allowed friction to take over.
    I have Brand X, Y, Z, Hewes, Kinderman, Nikor. I use whatever is on the peg closest at hand.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2 View Post
    I love the vision of photographers around the world sitting measuring reels with their calipers - who says we're geeks!
    Awaiting more measurements, whose going to do the comparative spreadsheet?

Sim2.

I used a straight edge to check a couple of suspect second hand 120 reels. But I didn't check the straightness of the straight edge edge first. I'm a failed geek.

I do use Hewes and find them very good, I also don't attach the leading end (except to the sensibly designed 35mm version) but I must try the clip on the 120s.

Regards - Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin