Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,796   Online: 1010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a sink like that; was purchased with the manufactured supplied stand. The stand supports the sink by the lip, which is fine as long as the max load is trays. I would not put a print washer in the sink unless the bottom is supported. Mine was set up with the washer (Kostiner) on a stand next to the sink (and higher so that drainage into the sink was not an issue). I built the washer stand from 2X4's, with an epoxy painted plywood top and shelves underneath to provide bracing and space for supplies.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have this sink. PM me if you'd like me to take and send some pics of it in it's homemade stand.

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's the progress so far. I used 2x4's for the legs and 1x4 stock for the framing--all attached with 1/4" bolts. I need to complete the bottom framing and add some bracing on the top plywood sheet to prevent the sink from shifting around. Then I'll add storage space for trays on one side and drying screens on the other side. Scott (The Flying Camera) stopped by to chat and help and probably prevented me from making a few mistakes. I hope to be finish tomorrow night and start in on the plumbing next.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Barry, here are a couple of pictures of my sink base for the same sink. The sink is supported by the recessed edge along its perimeter, which is plenty strong enough to support it. In one picture I propped the sink up with a tape measure so you can see the underlying plywood, which is supported by a 2x4 frame. If I did it over I would build in shelves and tray racks underneath. In the sink is a sheet of plexiglass because I didn't care for the large ridges built into the sink.

I will email you several more detailed pictures.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00537.JPG   DSC00535.JPG  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    More progress on the sink stand. I painted it tonight, although I'm still going to add some drying screen storage. The long 2x6 supports the front lip and there are also supports at the rear of the sink.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looks like you did an excellent job designing and building the stand, congratulations. I hope you enjoy many years of use and make some great prints.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Curt! I've never had anything more than a utility sink, so I'm looking forward to using it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Barry- have you tried to get it through the darkroom door yet?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Barry- have you tried to get it through the darkroom door yet?
    Scott-- Not yet. I'm going to give it a second coat Thursday night and move it in Saturday morning. I think we may need to pop the door off the hinges--it's going to be close.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Scott-- Not yet. I'm going to give it a second coat Thursday night and move it in Saturday morning. I think we may need to pop the door off the hinges--it's going to be close.
    If you can take the bottom shelf/bracing off, I think we can get it in without too much trouble.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin