Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,531   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In the dark;
    go to this thread and you will find a negative carrier.
    Each enlarger has it own outer shape

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I have found that beseler carriers and omega carriers (d type) are interchangeable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian, if you know someone with a router and a pattern cutting bit (flush cut bit with a bearing on it), you can use your old negative holder as a template. Once the plastic, masonite or whatever is cut to the rough size, you can use the router to make a final pass and the bearing will follow your original exactly.

It will take someone with a bit of experience, but this is a fast way to produce a number of parts that are identical, fit perfectly and are exactly like the original.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Before I bought my 4x5 enlarger I had to use my 8x10 enlarger. I really didn't want to spend the money on a 4x5 carrier for the enlarger (think several hundred bucks). Thus, I looked at a few pictures on the web and made a mask out of acrylic. It was actually pretty easy to make. The acryllic pieces replace the glass in my 10x10 carrier. They both have a 3 13/16 by 4 13/16 hole cut in the middle. I had a nice guy at the university where I work cut them on his laser cutter. They've worked like a charm. However, now I have a dedicated 4x5 enlarger. Mostly because I couldn't afford a pin registered carrier for the 8x10. What negative carriers do you need for your omega? I have several that I'll never use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin