Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 686

Thread: Scored!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Scored!

I have been keeping my eyes open for a bigger enlarger (I've been using a C700) and today it happened. I got a like-new Beseler 23CII Dichro XL for $20. My only concern is that the lamp house gets pretty warm after being on a bit, but I guess I did leave it on longer than I ever would in the actual darkroom. Anybody have a guide for the filtration? It's my understanding that there are settings that correspond to the contrast filters one normally uses in VC printing. Any help is appreciated. Any other tips that might not be obvious would be great too.

As I was driving home from picking up the enlarger, I called a friend to brag and scored yet again. A couple of years ago he bought a pair of Hasselblads from a co-worker at an amazing price (something like $600 for 2 bodies, 3 backs and 2 or 3 lenses) and in great condition on visual inspection. Well, he is going to give me a body and a back gratis. He's keeping all of the lenses, so I'll have to spend some dough for a lens. I should probably get a CLA as well. Even so, I can't complain about free Hasselblad gear. I'm a happy man.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmal View Post
    Anybody have a guide for the filtration? It's my understanding that there are settings that correspond to the contrast filters one normally uses in VC printing.
    There should be settings in the instructions with your paper. If not, look at Ilford's website.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...0201152306.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Perfect. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a fan in the dichro head that you should run when focussing to keep the heat down. Turn the fan off when you make an exposure. The vibes from the fan will affect the sharpness of your photos. Enjoy the enlarger. It's a beauty. Congrats.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where is the fan control? I have not looked for one, but I do not remember seeing anything apparent. Are there any manuals online for the dichro head? I found one for the 23CII XL with the condenser head, but not for the dichro. Also, am I correct in assuming that negative carriers for the current 23CIII will work for the 23CII? Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There isnt one on the Beselers, and it won't affect your print sharpness. I tested that yrs ago with my 23cII-XL and Dual Dichro-S colorhead.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin