Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 866

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paterson 8x10 print washer accessories

I was fortunate to get a Paterson automatic print washer at an estate auction today. Its the 8x10 size and has the 8x10 basket. I'm not familiar with this particular item and if anyone can answer a couple of questions, I'd appreciate the help.

1. Can the 8x10 print basket be used to wash 8x10 film? That would be fan-tastic!
    2. Did they make 5x7 or 4x5 baskets to wash those film sizes in this thing? If so, does anyone know where I could get some?
    3. Any instructions besides the obvious (hook up to water. Turn water on. Go watch TV.)? What I have is the outer tank, the inner 8x10 basket and two hoses, one for incoming water, one for the outlet. It seems obvious how it works but I'm master of missing the easy stuff.

Thanks!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used mine for washing large sheet film (8x10), worked fine. One caution though, if you use a soft emulsion film like Efke, you may want to run it through hardner first, or perhaps put it in a processing hanger so the surface can't contact the basket.
    For my 4x5 I have it in hangers that are suspended across the short dimension of the washer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin