Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,119   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    What about Kodak Stainless tanks for 8X10? I don't remember them being more than 4-5" wide. The hangers themselves don't have a lot of value on the used market, usually in a a dealers "please take this crap of my hands" bin.
    I print 11x14, and would like the option of 16x20, ideally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    buy a fishtank, and some clear acrylic 3/8" from a glazier. go to the hardward store, buy some clear waterproof caulk, and make your own slot processor.

craigslist for the fish tank, and maybe another $70-80 for the acrylic and caulk/caulk gun.

easy peasy

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    buy a fishtank, and some clear acrylic 3/8" from a glazier. go to the hardward store, buy some clear waterproof caulk, and make your own slot processor.

craigslist for the fish tank, and maybe another $70-80 for the acrylic and caulk/caulk gun.

easy peasy

-Dan
    I thought about that, but I don't know anything about this stuff. What kind of caulk would make a watertight seal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure of the name, since you're in NY and I'm in LA, there might be a difference in kinds/brands available.

something like this: meant for aquariums, should be able to bond glass to acrylic

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...LAID=109354543

-Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post

easy peasy

-Dan
    I'm not so sure about how easy that would be. Slot processors must have drains to empty the slots, ideally a drain for each slot. Trying to lift an aquarium large enough for 16x20 prints that is full of water is inadvisable.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I'm not so sure about how easy that would be. Slot processors must have drains to empty the slots, ideally a drain for each slot. Trying to lift an aquarium large enough for 16x20 prints that is full of water is inadvisable.
    Hey Jerold,
    the OP has stated that he doesn't have access to a sink in his "darkroom", so he could technically have the "slot processor" on a rolling cart, if he wanted.

but yes, if he wants to print 16x20, this could be a problem, well probably more than one.

1. he has stated that due to living in NY, he has cramped quarters. this is understandable, unless you're a Trump family member. but he has stated he wants to print 16x20?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    I print 11x14, and would like the option of 16x20, ideally.
    if he doesn't have that much space for a darkroom, or at least easy access to a sink, where is he going to store 16x20 prints?
    2. I've never been to NYC, but I've heard from friends that the dumpsters there are a literal goldmine for those willing to search. If you find the right ones that is . So furnishing a fishtank shouldn't be THAT hard, especially now with craigslist, ebay and Kijiji(another craigslist) at his disposal.
    3. IDEALLY, having a drain for each slot is nice, but definitely NOT necessary. Buy a plug-into-the-wall 115v waterproof pump, and just wash it out between chemical changes. Shouldn't be any problems with that.
    Just go to Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware, and ask to see their plug-in water pumps.

I'm not trying to argue, just asking the OP to maybe use his noggin a bit more than I've personally seen, or read here so far.

I'm not a book-smart guy, but investing $100 to build your own slot processor is a nice weekend project. IF he really wants to print THAT BADLY in his little NYC apartment.

just my humble $.02

-Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good points.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    New York City real estate makes it a bit difficult
    Some of us manage tray development
    in closets in New York City. We sell
    our slot processors to the, um, less
    imaginative. ;-) :::::ducking:::::

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleiflexible View Post
    Some of us manage tray development
    in closets in New York City. We sell
    our slot processors to the, um, less
    imaginative. ;-) :::::ducking:::::
    pffft

wanna sell me another?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a bathtub; make a deck for your 16 x 20 trays. For washing drop prints into the bathtub. Worked very well for me for about 10 years.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin