Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,865   Online: 829

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have heard rumors that there will be a new model of the Zone VI Enlarger out soon.

Has anyone else heard such a thing??

Looking at Calumets Web Site they no longer have any Zone VI Enlargers listed.

Jim

Heard somewhere. Don't know where, that the new VC enlarger will use an LED instead of florescent light source. It will be a 4x5 instead of their 5x7 model. Does this mean no 8x10? Stay tuned, I guess...

From their latest catalog, they still list the Zone VI but at the bottom, the say:

Coming soon,
    "a revolutionary new variable contrast light source that will change the way you think about diffusion black and white printing."

I believe Tom is right it is a LED.

Later,

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom is right, I saw the prototype when I visited Richard Newman when I was in California last November. Richard told me about 2 years ago that he was working with Zone VI on this new development. Richard is very enthusiastic about the concept, I understand that, unlike cold cathode, the light source is quite bright and exposure times are relatively quick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No 8x10??? Are they serious? Perhaps the lightsource, if LED, would be too difficult to make in 8x10? Where does that leave us regarding optinos for 8x10 enlargers that are 'affordable'? I have a Zone VI Model I 8x10 non-VC that I guess I had better hang onto.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    No 8x10??? Are they serious? Perhaps the lightsource, if LED, would be too difficult to make in 8x10? Where does that leave us regarding optinos for 8x10 enlargers that are 'affordable'? I have a Zone VI Model I 8x10 non-VC that I guess I had better hang onto.

-Mike
    As an alternative to cold light sources, one can build a LED light source head. Printing times would be quicker the coldlights and it would still remain a diffusion source. The design is in the public domain at HUB. (A Google search will locate it for you). While Hub built a head for a 4X5 Devere, it could very easily be built to 8X10 format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    As an alternative to cold light sources, one can build a LED light source head. Printing times would be quicker the coldlights and it would still remain a diffusion source. The design is in the public domain at HUB. (A Google search will locate it for you). While Hub built a head for a 4X5 Devere, it could very easily be built to 8X10 format.

Hi Donald.
    What is HUB? I got about 9,000,000 search results in google for it.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can see one here: http://huws.homelinux.org/ledhead.html, that had times of 3 sec at F11 for Grade 2. Says he had to put in a dimmer function.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cspirz
    You can see one here: http://huws.homelinux.org/ledhead.html, that had times of 3 sec at F11 for Grade 2. Says he had to put in a dimmer function.
    Thanks for posting this. This tells me why I was having trouble searching for it. I had not accurately remembered and misspelled his name. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin