Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,999   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It never hurts to offer a realistic price for an entire set-up like that. By realistic, I mean a price that is in line with the currant market will bear. That being said, I would start around $225, and keep tight lipped about what your upper limit is. For an upper limit, I would stop at probably cut off at $400, this being totally dependant on the condition of the most important pieces offered, the enlargersand lenses. I've seen Schneider and Rodenstock glass for $10-$20, and Besseler 23"s going for free.The rest of the items,would more than likely end up in the landfill. There are quite a few folks out there just giving these things away, or tossing them out. I have bought three complete darkrooms for a sum total of less than $400 for all combined. Use your judgement, and trust yourself to make a good deal.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The question I have is, "Do you want the equipment?" If so, why not make an offer to buy it, rather than trying to steal it. Depending on the accessories, and the condition of the gear, I'd say you would be in the very good deal category anywhere under about $700 and still would be in the decent deal category at maybe a little more. My guess is that if this person is getting out of the wet darkroom business, you likely will end up with much more than he is advertising. In other words, my bet is that you will end up with even more stuff for no addition dollars. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think most of the prices at about $400-500 are pretty realistic. It doesn't matter if the enlarger was $10k new.It's not new any more & the realistic market for a darkroom is way less than the cost of the enlarger.
    People still list B600's over and over for more than they sold for new
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A year ago I got a Beseler 45 MXII enlarger with color head for less that $20.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Hope we get a report. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    I decided to just let it run and said screw it since I was able to find two other sales that were more closer to where I live. Thanks everyone though for all the advice and ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin