Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,912   Online: 1061

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Darkroom equipment price

New here. Anyway, after looking on the Chicago craigslist i think i found a great sale for darkroom equipment. My question to all of you is what do you think is a good price to offer to the seller and also if possible,please elaborate on you price idea. link is below...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pho/1546954238.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Note: Misc. Chemistry & A Large quantity of printing paper is Complementary to Buyer

This is a Printers Dream.
    Durst Lab 1200 Enlarger (35mm to 4x5) with accessories
    Bessler 23CII with accessories.
    Zone VI 11x14 Archival print washer
    Trays, Timers, Miscellaneous Accessories.
    Enlarger Lenses : Nikon 80. / Schneider Comp. S. 80 F4/ Rodenstock 135 f4.5/ Schneider 150 F5.6
    This is a Package Deal only.
    Individual Items ( except possibly the Durst Lab 1200 enlarger and or Enlarger Lenses) will not be sold Individually.
    This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to build from scratch or enhance a traditional darkroom.
    Pricing is market dependent. Please make an offer if interested.
    $50 each enlarger, if they work x2
    $50 timers + trays, etc
    $50 each lens if good x4
    $50 margin for error, paper, brabe, whatever

$400
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    offer $250.00 and walk him up to $325.00. It might not hurt to view it first to see what shape it is in.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make an offer usually means the seller wants to much. Your experience may be different. Except the the Durst and the print washer, $50 to $75.

The Durst is a great enlarger but now a days, almost nothing brings in much. The print washer will get the most in relation to original cost and could easily go for more than $100. However, I was given one for free by a complete stranger on APUG.

So, $200 or $300 would be a good price, but, my bet the seller is thinking of $1000+.

Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An 11x14 Zone VI washer just sold on ebay for $108 + shipping, a year ago they were going for 200+. I agree with Fotch that the seller probably has his sights set much too high, and that 2 - 3 hundred is probably a realistic price given the market.
    Sad but true, offer 200, and see where it goes. The worst that can happen is that he'll say "no".

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I bought a DeVere 504 with an Ilford MG head, mixing boxes and carriers for $50 here in Milwaukee this fall...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have to agree with others. "Make Offer" usually means that the seller has an overly optimistic number in mind.

Keep in mind that many big enlargers are changing hands in the "come and get it before I take it to the dump" price range....With this in mind, $200~400 would seem quite fair depending upon condition and whether key accessories are present.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would at least email an offer, or, if convenient, go in person. Start lower than the max you set for yourself. It will either be a Go or No Go. Discipline yourself to not get caught up in the moment and pay more than you intend, as is common with auctions.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, I just won a 90mm RB67 C lens for $70.00 plus shipping using an Ebay offer - 22% less than the Buy it Now price.

And it is in Canada .

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    An 11x14 Zone VI washer just sold on ebay for $108 + shipping, a year ago they were going for 200+.
    Yes. I bid $106.
    Jerold Harter MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin