Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,117   Online: 812

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Latour View Post
    Yes I saw it also, in Kirkland. It is at 45 minutes from my place. Looking at it actually.
    Good luck with that, Hope you get what you need.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have no knowledge of the Beseler but I know you would not be disappointed if you got the Kaiser. Great enlargers and still being made.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I have no knowledge of the Beseler but I know you would not be disappointed if you got the Kaiser. Great enlargers and still being made.
    I have to admit that the Kaiser, in brand new version, is really interesting. I admit that we are not talking about the same amount of money, but it would look so nice just here, in my darkroom.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I saw a 23CIII-XL with the VC head for about $70 on ebay recently. I picked up a still-in-the-box 23CII-XL locally for about $100. They are nice enlargers with loads of parts available - still made too. Should do 6x9. Carriers can be had on ebay for not too much.

However, I must say that I really want a Kaiser. Someday I'll get one new. They look really nice. Check into it though - it might not print the full 6x9 negative. I thought I read something about that somewhere...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Latour View Post
    I have to admit that the Kaiser, in brand new version, is really interesting. I admit that we are not talking about the same amount of money, but it would look so nice just here, in my darkroom.
    A enlarger is a tool that lives in the dark. With the lights out, looks won't matter.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    A enlarger is a tool that lives in the dark. With the lights out, looks won't matter.
    I know, but I am like a lot of people, I like my tools clean and sharp.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    With the lights out, looks won't matter.
    I already met a girl like this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the way I see it the Beseler is probably the wise choice since you are on this side of the Atlantic. They are good machines and will handle negatives up to 6x9 cm. The enlargers are common, and still in production. If you need accessories and/or parts, they are readily available both on the new and used market. Kaiser enlargers look like really good solid machines, but they are not terribly popular or numerous in the US. That alone, would deter me from buying one. I've had too many machines that were not common here, most notably a Renault sedan I once owned, that gave me hell every time I've needed a part or service. The situation for Kaiser enlargers might be different in Canada.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Well, the way I see it the Beseler is probably the wise choice since you are on this side of the Atlantic. They are good machines and will handle negatives up to 6x9 cm. The enlargers are common, and still in production. If you need accessories and/or parts, they are readily available both on the new and used market. Kaiser enlargers look like really good solid machines, but they are not terribly popular or numerous in the US. That alone, would deter me from buying one. I've had too many machines that were not common here, most notably a Renault sedan I once owned, that gave me hell every time I've needed a part or service. The situation for Kaiser enlargers might be different in Canada.
    No, the situation for Kaiser is not different here than in the US. After spending the last 48 hours surfing CraigList and eBay, thinking about the pros and the cons, I arrived at the following conclusion. First I will target a Beseler 23CII, since I am not in a rush, I will take my time for the good deal, so I will continue to watch the CraigList and eBay.

If I really do not find what I want, as the last option, I will put my hand in my pocket and go with a new 23CIII.

So far, I think it is the best strategy. When you are like me, a little bit too enthusiast about something, you loose the focus and you become interested by all kind of stuff that finally are way too much for what I want to do, or stuff that would a lot of money to put back in condition.

So if someone knows something about a 23CII for sale, that can be a good deal, PM me. While that time I will keep my eyes wide open.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin