Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 718

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Enlarger doing 35mm to 6x9 what do you think ?

Ok, here is my situation. I am currently shooting 35mm and medium format 6x9.

I currently use a Durst M600 given to me by a friend. So I am stuck with a maximum of 6x6.

I am looking for an enlarger doing 35mm and 6x9, here are my options:

First, brand new:

Beseler 23CIII XL VC Variable Contrast Enlarger

Kaiser VPM9005 B&W Multigrade Enlarger

Second, used, I am thinking about a 23CII but not sure it does 6x9.

I do only B&W, 11x14 is a must, 16x20 on the baseboard would be nice but not a must. I have plenty of room to install it and a ceiling at 96 inches.

Brand new or used, the choices seem limited when it comes to 6x9 bu maybe it is just my perception.

If you have any recommendations or ideas, I am open to receive them, so give me your 2 cents.

Thanks !!!
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check craigslist, there are loads of Omega D series enlargers for sale every where. You may have to travel a bit, but its worth it.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm almost positive that the 23C enlargers handle 6x9, and Beseler has made millions of them (slight exaggeration) so they should frequently be available used.

Gary,
    East Snook, TX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just checked craigslist in Montreal, someone has TWO Omega 4x5 enlargers for FREE!!!!!!!

Images
    My Beseler 23CII does everything from 110 to 6X9. The condenser is adjustable so all I have to do is change to a lens which gives me the coverage that I want and use an appropriate negative carrier.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I just checked craigslist in Montreal, someone has TWO Omega 4x5 enlargers for FREE!!!!!!!

They are gone...
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pschauss View Post
    My Beseler 23CII does everything from 110 to 6X9. The condenser is adjustable so all I have to do is change to a lens which gives me the coverage that I want and use an appropriate negative carrier.
    Thanks for the information, I have seen a 23CII somewhere, but was not sure if it was doing 6x9. I searched the web but did not find any clear answer about it. I will have an eye on them now that I have a confirmation.

Thanks
    Last edited by Patrick Latour; 01-12-2010 at 07:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Beseler 23c is great for all sizes up to medium format 6x9. The XL version is taller than the standard however, both will handle the 11x14 on the baseboard. I know mine (23C-XL) will handle 16x20 although I pretty much use the Beseler 45M for everything. Great machine, I saw an ad for a pair of them for $40. Of course, whats important is what you can pick one up in your area. Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Besseler 23C-II will handle up to 6x9 format. I saw one of those on your local craigslist as well. If its in your price range, it would be a good machine to acquire. Parts are fairly easy to pick up, as they still make them, and there are a million of them out there already.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    The Besseler 23C-II will handle up to 6x9 format. I saw one of those on your local craigslist as well. If its in your price range, it would be a good machine to acquire. Parts are fairly easy to pick up, as they still make them, and there are a million of them out there already.

Rick
    Yes I saw it also, in Kirkland. It is at 45 minutes from my place. Looking at it actually.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin