Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,448   Online: 1035

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Largest Print on Durst 4x5 Enlarger

What's the largest size photograph that a Durst CE 1000 4x5 color enlarger can print?

They look like an impressive enlarger. But for example, Omegas, Beselers, or Zone VI enlargers have diagonal columns, whereas this Durst enlarger has a vertical column. So, is the lens mount on a Durst far enough away from the column to permit enlarging to 20x24?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    11" from the column to center of a 35mm neg, measured 2 min ago on my older model Ce1000.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for your reply.

This is theory land, but it seems to me that, given the space required by a standard Saunders 20x24, four-blade easel, one could not do a 20"x24" print with this enlarger? Not sure, though.

There might be a way to elevate the base so an upper portion of the easel could fit under the base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you mount the enlarger to a bracket sticking out from a wall you can build a drop table which will allow you to project right down to floor level. Easiest way would be to support each end of the table on cleats fastened to the sides of a couple of cabinets. I have an older Durst Laborator 54 and it allowed me to make 40 x 60 prints when set up this way.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin