Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,421   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Does anyone know if GraLab made European (220/240V) versions of their timers?

Mike
    B&H sells European versions, Mike.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a look at the RH Designs Process Master II. I got one recently and am very pleased with it.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Mike

What are you doing? Your GraLab 300 is the best processing timer I've ever used. It beats any digital timer hands-down. Easily set and easily changed (even mid-stream). They can be operated single-handedly. You can see (and read) it from any distance and in the dark, and they can switch up to 600W of equipment (Jobo). You can even turn them into an f/stop timer (see picture attached). They are great timers. Don't do it!

Ralph: I have an old time-o-lite that is fine but has the same defect the GraLab 300 has: it cannot time to .10 seconds. So I cannot do flashing times for determing whether my safelights are safe and to do pre-flashing. You MUST use a more sophisticated timer for the kind of sophisticated printing you do, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pre flash/ post flash with a 7.5w bulb with a rosco diffusion taped to the front that is hung from the ceiling over my head so that it lights the baseboard and the enlarger head does not create a shadow. It is activated with a 'knee switch' and is not automatically timed. A mental one one thousand, etc count. Most flashes are at least 5 seconds as counted by me long.

I have new and old Gralab 300's The newer ones have a rheostat to turn the buzer down to a soft hum. The ones without this feature almost always scare the life out of me when they go off. Get inside yours and add a potentiometer to the buzzer circuit; you won't be sorry once the work ahs been done.
    my real name, imagine that.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I only use them for process timers, not as an enlarger timer.

They are good reliable timers, I don't like the loud buzzer (one of them can be heard a block away), and the fact they have to be reset to the same time each time.

Petty I know.

Mike
    You can turn the buzzer down or off.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mike
    They did, I have two, but they stopped it, because they were not willing to change the design to satisfy CE requirements.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On mine it's either off or on. On is really on. I might try to figure out a way to tone them down.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    It's not a process timer is it? Looks like an enlarger timer.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post
    Ralph: I have an old time-o-lite that is fine but has the same defect the GraLab 300 has: it cannot time to .10 seconds. So I cannot do flashing times for determing whether my safelights are safe and to do pre-flashing. You MUST use a more sophisticated timer for the kind of sophisticated printing you do, right?
    He is looking for a process timer not an enlarging timer.

Anyway, printing down to a 1/12 stop is all one ever needs. Using a base exposure of at least 16s (which you need for successful dodging & burning), this calculates to a minimum increment of 1 second. You don't need 0.1s in an enlarging timer. On the other hand, a timer allowing for 0.1s increments from 1 to 9s and then jumps to 1s increments from 10 to 99s creates a problem. It is not fine enough in the 10s range.
    Last edited by RalphLambrecht; 01-19-2010 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mike
    Yes they make their timers in a 240v/50hz as well as 120v/60hz, as per DimcoGray web site.

Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin