Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,081   Online: 937

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for information darkroom timers

I use several Gralab 300's for process timing. I'd like to get a digital timer
    that resets, maybe a Gralab 545??? Pretty basic, 300 would be fine except I get tired of resetting it.

I've got three of them on the wall, one for development, fixer, and wash. It'd
    be nice to have one for the whole show, and one that didn't have such a loud
    and unending alarm.

Any thoughts on 545 or other timer?

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 01-19-2010 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use THIS timer. It's cheap and functional. After the process is complete, it resets to where it was before for the next cycle. You could easily mount a metal plate on your wall and stick this (via magnet on back of the unit) to make 3 timer combination. There is no back-light but it is fully visible under safe light. The alarm is no t loud as the description implies.

http://www.amazon.com/Component-Desi...3920334&sr=8-3
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Gralab 525 w/footswitch-- handy but a few too many switches--occasionally i bump the wrong one in the dark. As far as analogue timers, I also have a Time-O-Lite Master that resets itself. I also have a couple of Graylab 300's and a Time-O-Lite ECZ 73. I like and use all of them. the 525 is connected to my ProLab 4x5. For processing, I use several el-cheapo digital countdown timers from the Dollar Tree store($1 each)

Rick

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use the following timer from www.silverprint.co.uk (though I'm sure it's available elsewhere): 51044 Kaiser Process - Triple Timer (Kaiser 4219)

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm using my old trusty Palm III PDA with the Foto Timer application.
    This Palm can be used without backlight - great in the darkroom, and the Foto Timer application can be programmed with as many steps you need, for any number of film or paper processes.

Thor Egil

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I use several Gralab 300's for process timing. I'd like to get a digital timer
    that resets, maybe a Gralab 545??? Pretty basic, 300 would be fine except I get tired of resetting it.

I've got three of them on the wall, one for development, fixer, and wash. It'd
    be nice to have one for the whole show, and one that didn't have such a loud
    and unending alarm.

Any thoughts on 545 or other timer?

Thanks

Mike
    Mike

What are you doing? Your GraLab 300 is the best processing timer I've ever used. It beats any digital timer hands-down. Easily set and easily changed (even mid-stream). They can be operated single-handedly. You can see (and read) it from any distance and in the dark, and they can switch up to 600W of equipment (Jobo). You can even turn them into an f/stop timer (see picture attached). They are great timers. Don't do it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GraLab.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only use them for process timers, not as an enlarger timer.

They are good reliable timers, I don't like the loud buzzer (one of them can be heard a block away), and the fact they have to be reset to the same time each time.

Petty I know.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Does anyone know if GraLab made European (220/240V) versions of their timers?

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill

Looks like it only goes to 999 seconds? About 16.65 minutes. I need one that will at least go to 25 minutes.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 01-19-2010 at 01:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin