Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,925   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the posts above, the answer is apparent: you have to keep all the enlargers. But you do say you want to sell what you don't need.

You don't say where you're located but assume that all will be very difficult to sell (that's why you got them so cheap - a great deal by the way). You also don't say what carriers came with each enlarger; that could impact the decision.

The Beseler 45 is the most versatile and (I think) most salable. It's the one I'd keep but, if space is an issue or you want to free up some cash, it's one you may want to sell. The Durst is 35mm only (I think) so doesn't give you the option of medium format. The Omega is a basic enlarger.

So my first choice to keep would be the Beseler 45, followed by the Beseler 67cp.

As to lenses, sell the Componon 135 IF you don't plan to do 4x5. Keep the Componar and Omegaron - they aren't bad and you can upgrade when you feel the need. You're covered for both 35mm and medium format. If the El Omegar has the jamb nut, that jamb nut is worth more than the lens.

The Durst TRA 305 is, I believe, a transformer used to power the Durst enlarger. It provides constant voltage for the color head.

Shooter
    35mm
    it all came with lots of stuff that I'm still sorting through. so far I have 3 grain focusers, trays and bottles up the ying yang, more kodak indicator stop bath then I will ever use, a 3.5oz thing of arista premium film developer, two or three things of contrast filters, a multitude of color filters, negative cleaner, some sort of wash unit for film, a uniroller, 3 or 4 jobo tanks of various sizes with quite a few lids, 2 or 3 yankee tanks, prolly around 10-15reels mixed between plastic and metal, some vignetter piece for prints, I would guess around 5+ easles, some matting boards, 4-5 misc timers, a power regulator, atleast 5 safelights though not all are function and need some TLC, lots of thermometers, couple measuring cylinder things and honetly god knows what else. so as I'm sure you can understand my wife says I have too much. as far as the negative carriers the 45 has some sort of medium format (not sure on the exact size) as well as I believe 2 35mm carriers and maybe one 4x5. haven't verified on that though.
    the bessler 67 has a 35mm carrier and some medium format carrier as well.
    the omega b600 has just a 35mm carrier
    the durst I'm not sure yet on what carriers come with it
    also it's either for the bessler or the omega enlarger there is a carrier taht is smaller then 35mm and I'm not sure what size it is. maybe 110, but honestly I don't know as I'm don't know what other sizes there are that's smaller then 35mm.

maybe it would be best to put together kits if I decide to sell and just go that route as I have moer then enough to put together a couple dark rooms.

thank you all for the help though guys :-)

also as far as location. near the boise idahoish area.
    Last edited by rx7speed; 01-23-2010 at 04:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even if you have to give it away the surplus you still got a good deal. The smaller items that can be mailed may be the easier to sell. In any case, have fun.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pass what you don't need off to some poor struggling student..err, to some other poor struggling student..
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin