Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,811   Online: 1195

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

info on some enlargers/lenses I have picked up

a local guy around here ended up selling me a bunch of darkroom equipment for about $50 and I have no idea on how much they are worth or which has what advantages or anything like that with them. my wife wants me to start thinning the crowd here and so I was hoping you all might be able to help me out.

so far my main needs are B&W 35mm though I'm wanting to keep my options open with moving to color and also being able to do medium format as well.

have a bessler 45MCRX that has a standard condenser as well as a cold light head.

besler 67CP

Durst m 370 color

and an omega b600 which is what I have been using so far as it was already setup with the lens and I was lazy to find the lens and lensboard for the others.

is there really much of a difference between these other then the durst is obviously able to be used for color?

as far as lenses that I have there is a el-omegar 50 3.5 currently the lens I've been using as it was hooked up to the omega b600

a schneider-kreuzauch componon 135/5.6. this does not seem to be one of the componon-s lens though it does have a 16 blade iris and all black.

also a rodenstock omegaron 90 4.5

and a schneider kreuznach componar-c 50 2.8

so any idea on which of this equipment is worthwhile to keep and what the rough value of the items are? planning on moving here soon as we live in a hole and with a little munchkin would rather get out of here so hopefully will be using some of this money to help us out with that part.

also just made a quick run through and found a Durst TRA 305N which I have no idea what it is for. any clue there?

thank you all for the help here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of it is top of the line gear. As to value- look what you paid for it. I'm sure the fellow you got it from feels lucky that he got anything for it. If you hit the right market, you might be able to sell it for somewhat more than you paid. I'm sure others will tell you that you hit the mother lode, but these are only worth what the market will bear. Keep it all, and use it.swap it for other items, or try to sell what you dont want. There are plenty of on-line sites to research what you have, just sit down and start googleing.

Shooter
    35mm
    A lot of the equipment he was asking a lot more for on his ad but I think just the timing was too good ( I replied 10 min after he posted the ad) and so he just figured lets get rid of it. The stuff was donated to a school and they use digital not film anymore and so the big guys wanted the stuff gone and so I was the one who ended just being in the right spot I guess.

tried searching a bit online but really have no idea on any of this equipment as far as whats good what isn't what is for what or anything. digital user wanting to try the old ways.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's worth about the cost of shipping to wherever it needs to be, unfortunately. I'll take the Beseler 45 off your hands if you like
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems like its all good usable stuff for someone starting out. The TRA is likely the transformer for the Durst. I'd keep the Durst and the Beseler 45 and the componon 135. Sell the rest for $50 if you can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Beseler is a do-it-all machine, if you ever want to go to 4X5 or MF it will handle it. Keep the negative carriers and lens boards too, they have cost you nothing and would run $10-$20 each to replace.
    If you think you may want to do color, keep the Durst too but again, keep all the accessories with it some of those are very hard to find in the US.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everyone is going to have a different view on what is good. First clue although not always accurate, is what it cost new. The Beseler 45 is without a doubt, the best enlarger of the lot. Most of the lens are so so, perhaps the a Schneider-Kreuzauch Componon 135/5.6 is the best. I would keep all the lens, except the Omegar 50, until I found a need and budget to upgrade them.

Worth? Low to nothing, depending on where you live. In large metro areas in the US, quality equipment is either being given away, or sold for almost nothing.

You might keep the Durst with color head to see if you want to do color. If you do, then you may want to get a color head for the Beseler 45.

Overall, you got a good deal but its a crap shoot whether you can sell any for a profit. Good Luck
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Beseler enlarger is a keeper; you might someday decide that you want to try 4x5.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm

keep...

keep the omega 600
    it is capable of doing 6x6
    replace the omegar with nikkor
    chromega kit is available to do color
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/6...egar-lens.html
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Replace the El-Omegaron with the Schneider Kreuznach Componar-c 50 2.8. I believe that will be a better lens. Good luck with the rest of it!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin