Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am another one who uses it incorrectly. It does help to double check the lid after the lights are on and to fill from the bottom just seems to work better (for me). The only problems I have had loading them is with Technical Pan film due to the film's extreme thinness. One of my tanks has a broken rachet clamp and even with it not working completely it still does its job.

Shooter
    35mm
    . One of my tanks has a broken rachet clamp and even with it not working completely it still does its job.[/QUOTE]

I think I've used that tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another opinion
    I have experimented at various times with the Combi-Plan, with developing tubes, and with tray development. I found the Combi-Plan a bit annoying to use - for the various reasons mentioned above. I have now settled on tray development in a plastic 4-sheet slosher tray. I mostly just use the Combi-Plan for water-efficient washing of the developed sheets.
    Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Miskuss View Post
    . One of my tanks has a broken rachet clamp and even with it not working completely it still does its job.
    I think I've used that tank.[/QUOTE]

Probably why it is broken

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    I think I've used that tank.
    Probably why it is broken [/QUOTE]

Most of your gear is. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I used the Combi for awhile. It was a great improvement on the Yankee, but I was irritated by the constant leaking. I think had I used it longer I would have put some teflon tape on the bottom spigot since that was where it always dripped. I do really like using the innards to rinse sheets as well as to dry them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaTom View Post
    I used the Combi for awhile. It was a great improvement on the Yankee, but I was irritated by the constant leaking.
    Awhile back I bought an old, used Yankee tank at a local photo store for $1.00, and have been using it without problems, although admittedly I am just now beginning to shoot and process more large format film. It loads fine for me, and as long as I don't get too violent with back and forth agitation, it is not too messy.

I am wondering what people do not like about the Yankee tank, and what I am missing by not investing in a combi tank?

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaTom View Post
    I used the Combi for awhile. It was a great improvement on the Yankee, but I was irritated by the constant leaking. I think had I used it longer I would have put some teflon tape on the bottom spigot since that was where it always dripped. I do really like using the innards to rinse sheets as well as to dry them.
    I've yet to experience any leaking at the bottom spigot, only very minimal at the lid, and also none at the top spigot. And I reduced and even stopped leaking on one tank by shaving the left over plastic with a razor blade at the top edges of the tank from where it was formed in the mold, that seemed to create a better seal at the lid. Also, when I'm done with tanks, I clean them (of course) but I remove the spigots from the tank and I don't let them remain for long periods----I believe (but I don't really know) this takes better care of the gaskets in the spigot caps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin