Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,653   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok Neoro, Nice setup.
    I didn't realize you wanted to use the reels.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo Expert Drum on a manual roller base is a nice and luxurious way to go, if you can afford the expensive tank. I love my 3010 version, which holds up to ten sheets of 4x5. The tank you would want holds five sheets of 8x10 or 5x7.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 13 x 18 cm sheet film, I use the Jobo 2500 system tank that can take 4 120 size reels. I leave the reels out and just put the centre rod in (has to) with some rubber-bands around it, cut off of a bicycle’s inner tire. These rubber bands serve to protect the back of the sheets if they hit the rod. This tank is large enough to hold 2 sheets standing up, straight, on their shortest side and unbent, and the emulsion side facing out.
    I put an empty reel on top to hold back the sheets from floating and traveling around. Just be careful not to agitate vigorously, do not roll the tank, the emulsion might scour against the tank.
    The inconvenience is that one needs 3,5 L of liquid to fill the tank just for processing two sheets. This is why I develop in concentrated Refinal (= Agfa’s D76), so it can be reused by replenishing.
    All tough, a way to reuse one shot developer, like Pyrocat H-D, is to keep the entire amount of the liquid after processing, then to replenish it by discarding about 25% and filling it up with freshly mixed chemicals, and to use it right away. I only do this once because a diluted developer, like Pyrocat H-D or Rodinal, is oxidising rather fast, then I discard the developer. Two sheets are not to exhaust that 3,5 L of developer.
    I never tried it with 20 x 25 cm sheets, but is might work too, I guess.
    And the (large) Patersons might do the job too, so, no need to buy a new tank system, but do not forget the centre rod…

Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 01-27-2010 at 09:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin