Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,452   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    They stopped selling via Int. distributors and due to their new simplified invoicing system they will handle only inquiries with 19% German VAT including only.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post
    Thanks ath,
    please help me to understand something more about cost. On the site you've kindly posted I read "40x50 fur die Papiermate 18x24, 20x25, 21x30....... euro 89,90". Does this mean euro 89,90 for each frame, then?
    Thanks for your kindness,
    J.
    It's just for the baseboard. The seperate masks and their prices can be found here:
    http://www.versamask.de/masken.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    They stopped selling via Int. distributors and due to their new simplified invoicing system they will handle only inquiries with 19% German VAT including only.
    Last time I ordered (a month ago) I got the Versamask order included in a Phototec order, and they are able to deduct the VAT. This is an option if you need other supplies as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Most is said already.
    You will have to decide on the size of the baseboard. It is dependent on your largest print size obviously(40x50cm² for me). Then you will have to decide, in which sizes the frames you will need. There are two type of frames for every paper format. One frame for 10mm margin and one for 5mm margin. The frames with the broader margin are meant for fiber paper dried with the tape-method where you will loose about 5mm of the margin, when the print is finally cut out.
    I use the versamask with 40x50 base board and two sets of frames for square and rectangular prints for 16x20 and 10x12 paper. Since I use it it's the first time to have strictly square prints (as long as I don't dry RC-Prints hanging on one corner from a clothesline )

Ulrich

Shooter
    35mm
    Even though I can kinda speak German, I'm still not really sure, if anybody could please clarify for me...... you use the Versamask to print full-frame with the NATURAL black edge of the negative?

I will read all of this again properly later, might answer my own question

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post
    Does this mean euro 89,90 for each frame, then?
    Thanks for your kindness,
    J.
    No, € 89.90 is for the baseboard 40x50cm only (there exist two baseboard 30x40cm and 40x50cm, € 69.90 and € 89.90)
    There are different masks, about € 42.90 each. And logically you can't use a greather mask than the baseboard offers. You need 1 Baseboard and 1 mask at minimum.

At least, look for the difference from KB-Mask to Baryth-Mask also!

kindest regards
    Hermann

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    Even though I can kinda speak German, I'm still not really sure, if anybody could please clarify for me...... you use the Versamask to print full-frame with the NATURAL black edge of the negative?
    The idea behind that system is to provide framing masks of a few given sizes to cover the edges of the paper from getting exposed, thus yielding white borders.

Whether you print full size or crop does not matter, as long as you can live with a given size and side-ratio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin