Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,851   Online: 906

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Dont dump the B-22 just yet. Carefully pack it away, and have it as a back-up unit. If, in the future you have the room for it, you will have a dandy dedicated 35mm or 6x6 for some quick work.

Rick
    I would keep both, and probably use the B22 as a dedicated colour rig, but I physically don't have storage space for them both in the apartment. As it is, the D2 is sitting in the middle of the dining room floor until I have time to get it set up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Take the B22 off the baseboard and put it under your bed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have the D2. I have a D4, which is about the same size but a little more heavy. There's a B600 sitting in the darkroom right next to it that doesn't see much use at all. I wouldn't trade that D series enlarger for anything.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a much loved D-II, which used to live in a little darkroom in Carnegie Hall many years ago, where it was used for the printing of Irving Penn's work, along with several others. My father knew the two guys who ran the lab, and managed to get the enlarger from them when they closed up shop. It still works flawlessly, alongside our old Durst 606, which will be joined by a Durst Laborator 1000 with Pavelle 401 in the next few weeks.

I really do love my Omega, and can't stand the Beseler 23Cs that I work on here at school. Some of them are hideously out of alignment, and only one of them has a Schneider mounted in it. Student abuse has clearly taken its toll, but I really hate the Beseler negative carrier design, much prefer the two interlocking plates with pin cutouts and register grooves of the Omega D carriers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The reason I prefer Beselers is that you can tilt the lens board. You might be able to do it on some Omegas, but none of the ones I have used. This is of a lot of use to me.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in remission on this one, sent D2V and 23C II to their final resting place (recycled metal yard). Beseler 45 is the only one in the darkroom now. D2 is a very good enlarger.

Shame that I could not get anyone to take it locally, paper, craigslist no help. Didn't relieve one local inquiry.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    If you have a 6x6 carrier, you don't need a 645 carrier. I'm printing my 645 films wiht 6x6 and it works just fine. I don't mask it either.
    Thanks for that suggestion; I didn't realize that not masking was an option. Any issues with negative flatness?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope. Keep in mind... IF you had 6x6 negatives, which uses the exact same film, you'd be using 6x6 carrier. Provided your film doesn't dry awfully curly, you'll be fine. I never had any issues even when I crop it in such a way the actual enlargement factor is much larger than if I was printing 11x14.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatiu5 View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion; I didn't realize that not masking was an option. Any issues with negative flatness?
    One caution - don't cut your strip of negatives into individual negatives. If you do, you will have a need for masking, and flatness could be a problem.

As long as your strips have at least 1 1/2 two negatives on each strip, you will be fine.

Matt

They are fine if you get all the proper cones and the three sets of condensers or the variable condenser lamp house.

Don`t get a push pull elevation one, get a crank up/down.

Otherwise keep what you have.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin