Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,745   Online: 867

Thread: Durst M800

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst M800

I just picked up a Durst M800. I'm having a problem (I think) with the head slipping on the track. It's strange, because it will lock if the raising/lowering knob is at anything but 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock. At 12 & 6 o'clock, it slides freely.
    I can't believe it was designed that way, so I assume it's a gear problem. Anyone have any experience, or a manual? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK..... I opened it up and see it's a gear issue. About 6 of the teeth are gone. Where do you go for
    a replacement gear?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could send a mail to Durst in Italy. As you know they stopped enlargers production but I read they still supply enlargers parts.
    J

www.durst.it

Shooter
    35mm
    hi Eddie

I just picked an M800 too and I have the same problem: did u succeed in finding a new gear?

thank you

Roberto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roberto,
    Durst, in Italy, has them. Too much to ship to the US, but should work for you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I know this is an older thread. But I bought a Durst M800 with the same stripped gear. I was able to find a replacement gear. This must be common for this enlarger. The design puts a plastic gear on a metal track. Does anyone have any suggestions to help prevent this from happening again. I'm beginning to wonder if the cause is from raising the head to high and the gear coming off the track and then when trying to crank it back on, care isn't taken when starting the gear back on the metal track. Any thoughts or tips with this enlarger would be appreciated. It is a good enlarger when working properly. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the opposite problem. My enlarger is very stiff to raise/lower. When I bought it a few days ago, I was fearful it would break it was so stiff. Now I can get it to go/up down with far less resistance but it is still much harder than my 23C or D2. The manual shows a tension adjustment slot in the front plate with the crank on the side plate... ONLY my M800 does not have the adjustment slot. ANY CLUES? Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin