Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,955   Posts: 1,558,034   Online: 1111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used Componon and Componon S lenses and the S is better for big enlargements. I have used a 360 mm Componon S lens enlarging 8 x 10 negatives up to 16' and it was sharper and cleaner than any of my other lenses for that degree of enlargement without using filters. I have the head of a very expensive camera/enlarger designed for up to 10x magnification and it was designed around a 360mm Componon S.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's some great info, thank you. I did notice that it looks inside like it should open up more, like the aperture blades are being stopped at the f4 position artificially. At first I thought something was wrong with it, but I eventually realized it must be like that for a reason, because it stops down at every detent ( it works as it should) and you just solved this mystery for me, in that it's really an f2.8 lens that's stopped down from the factory.
    I don't have any negs smaller than 35mm, but seems like a neat little lens to have, I guess.
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both a Componon and a Componar. The Componon is a 150/f5.6 with a m39 mount,from 1964, and the Componar is a 75/f4.5 with a m25 mount made in 1963. Both give outstanding results up to 11x14, although I rarely print past 8x10. I really enjoy using the older lenses, harkens me back to my early days in the DR. My first lenses were Wollensak, which I still love, but the Schneiders were top shelf and I had worked my tail off to afford them(at the time).

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Well the serial number dates your lens to Oct 83-Jan 85 see here: http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/...nses/index.htm

IIRC there was a wide angle Componon as well, so it's likely to cover a 35mm neg.
    You find the lens in question on the same page:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...D=175&IID=2004
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi, thanks for all the info, everyone!
    The lens does look like that one, just older, of course.
    At this point, I will definitely give it a shot and see how it compares.

Jed

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Someone mentioned half-frame 35mm...could that have also been for 126 format?

I think I had a couple 126 cameras with 40 mm lenses.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to this brochure the 40mm lens is intended for 24x24 negs (which is the 126 format I believe), but maybe it's good enough for 24x36 too. There is nothing which indicates that it's a WideAngle design though.

//Bj÷rn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, also for Rollei SL26 users. (ADOX ADC 200 Instamatic still available??)

As with all enlarging lenses, coverage is better at low magnification. So I'll bet it works Ok for 4x6" enlargements from 35mm, but it won't cover the corners on a 11x14" enlargement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin