Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,034   Online: 1274

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Durst CCD 100 unit

I bought a few days ago a Durst 138 s with the b&w head plus a CLS 100 "color head" and the CCD 100 "control" unit, wich was a bonus.

The seller didn't know how to operate that unit.

Can anyone tell me what it does and how? I don't understand nothing of it, it has a lot of buttons but very few of them are familiar to me, except the "focus", "stop", "start" and "on/off". I couldn't find nothing on the web about this CCD 100 or CLS 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure it is not a CLS 1000? Can you post a picture?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for your help, Ic-Racer,

I have a Durst 139G with CLS 301 color head, for 7 years, I bought this 138S, this week, as a spare. I've never seen a device like this Durst CCD 100 console nor the CLS 100 color head, this "kit" is rather strange, to me.
    The control unit has a "blower" wich connects to the head by a tube, as much as the CLS 301 and the dedicated turbofan. There are no obvious filter controls in the head, everything seems to be controled in the console but there is no percentage of filtering, contrast grades or something understandable to me. The CLS 100 fits in the 138s head, after removing the top with the condenser scheme and the mirror. As I said before, this unit was a bonus from seller, so, if it doesn't run, it will be no problem as I have the b&w head and the condensers I need to enlarge 4x5 and 5x7 negatives.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Personally I would have already plugged it in and started pressing buttons until I made it do something.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo mention a CCU100/ CLS100 on their unsupported products, made between 1968-74. That CCD100 looks to be a similar age. The difference could be a european vs a US model.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Personally I would have already plugged it in and started pressing buttons until I made it do something.
    That was the first thing I did but I couldn't go anywhere with it. All it did was to turn the white light on and blow air to the head. When I press the focus button the light turns on and stay on untill I press it again but when I press the start button, the light turns on but if I release the button the light turns off. I tried to turn and switch all the buttons while I keep the start button pressed and it did nothing at all. Maybe it has some malfunction, I don't know...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What could be the idea of having controls in the primaries (red, blue and green) at that control?
    The head itself seems to be working the subtractive way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting those pictures. Quite an interesting device, I'm going to add those pictures to my collection of Durst pictures.

My guess is that it has 3 bulbs and it is an 'Additive' head. I don't see that the CLS100 box is big enough for 3 motors and filters etc. That it is an 'Additive' head also goes with the controls being R G and B. If you can get it to work, use the Blue and Green for contrast control. The RGB knobs may be marked in 'time' rather than density.

On the CCD100 I would interpret it as having has 3 sets of RGB controls for 3 different papers or 3 presets. Selected by the pushbutton switches #1, #2 and #3.
    Each of the RGB knobs has a 'multiplication' switch to the Right which I think goes with those knobs controlling time, but they may also control the intensity of the lamps.

You have my interest, I'd like to see inside the CLS 100 box

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    My guess is that it has 3 bulbs and it is an 'Additive' head.
    Yes, but what puzzles me is that the head bears a `yellow, magenta, cyan´-icon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Yes, but what puzzles me is that the head bears a `yellow, magenta, cyan´-icon.
    That is odd. Must see inside

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin