Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 720

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also check the position and alignment of the bulb holder. I no longer have my 600 series Durst, but remember it having significant adjustability to accommodate both tube and globe bulbs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah but Tim, you're referring to the B&W head with the almost regular bulb/globe that can be moved in/out from the rear of the head, aren't you?? This is the color head that I have, the halogen light source doesn't really move about/make a difference, does it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Ok, so the next thing to check is that lens axis is lined up with the center of the negative. Basically you already checked this and it was off (by moving the lens) but since the lens needs to stay fixed, how about being able to move the negative. One thing I do to center things is to use a larger glass holder and fiddle until the negative is in the center.

I do it by shining the laser right up at the lens and it makes a circular diffraction pattern when it is in the exact center. I mark this center on the baseboard and then move the negative carrier or the negative in the glass until the center of the image is where my center mark is on the baseboard.
    You're talking about something like the 'The Versalab Parallel' tool, aren't you? Or have you made your own tool? I get what you mean, only I'm wondering where I might find a laser that can stand up by itself under the lens there pointing directly upwards, rather than some keychain laser pointer like what kids use to point at airline pilots as they try to land.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't have a laser, another method is to use the larger (6x6) light box setting and take the negative carrier out. Your lens should then cast a circular shadow. Position your easel equally in the middle of the circle of light. Then put the negative carrier in and see where it lines up. My bet is that one corner gets cut off when you put the 35mm negative carrier in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin