Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,575   Online: 919

Shooter
    35mm

Interesting little enlarger on Craigslist

Anybody know anything about this Hansa enlarger? I'd like to have the easel anyway so I may give this person a call. $40 altogether.

Shooter
    35mm

not quite sure

looks like vivitar
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Images
    It looks alot like a Lucky enlarger I have, simple little condenser enlarger. As long as you have the negative carrier and a good lens (if the one on it came with the enlarger you may want to upgrade), it show be fine. After all, it's the lens that makes the image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's the lens that "makes" the image, but keep in mind that other physics affect it. Make sure you can reliably and repeatably adjust the thing for (at least) parallel between the head and easel.
    -brian hayden
    http://fed-2.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently rehabilitated a Hansa dichroic, and passed it on as part of a 'darkroom in a box' kit that I put together out of things surplus to me.

So now I have a happier wife, since I have less 'junk' in the house.

I also have a young work mate tickled to be able to start printing again after his last available darkroom evaporated when he left uni.

The Hansa's build quality was alright. I had to make a clip to pick the lamp (an MR16 type affair) back into the middle of the optical path; the original one was missing.
    I also added a couple of screws into the factory tapped holes to hold the diffusion box into alignment.
    I made a 6x6 neg carrier out of foam core and 4 ply mat, since it only came with a 35mm carier, and the coverage was good for 6x6.
    my real name, imagine that.

I had one of those Lucky enlargers 40 years ago. Still have the set of filters that came with it
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given the obscenely low values of darkroom equipment, I actually think that it's priced fairly high. I vaguely remember these from (I think) late 60s and 70s. A basic light bulb in a shell above a lens carrier. If it was a B22 or Durst or Beseler I say fine - even at a higher cost. But $40 for what is essentially a give-away enlarger plus what appears to be a fixed format easel seems high. I seriously doubt the seller is being inundated with offers.

There are so many good small format enlargers looking for a home I think it's counter-productive to spend time and money on this one. Just my 2 cents.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin