Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,221   Online: 872

Shooter
    Medium Format

Meopta Meogon 80mm f2.8 enlarging lens - UPDATE!

Well, the two brand new Meogon 80mm f2.8 enlarging lenses arrived today. If they function as well as they look I'm going to be a happy camper. I stuck one on the LPL6700 just to see how it worked and I can tell ya one thing, I won't have a problem with dim focusing. I'll be trying them out tonight against my Omicron-EL 90mm f5.6, Omicron 75mm f4.5, Omegaron 90mm f4.5 and Componon 80mm f5.6 black version. I'll keep you informed of the results. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the Meopta lenses. They have been great for me.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking forward to your posting of the results.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I didn't get much chance to really ring the two Meogon 80mm's out last night, but did a little test and both of them look very, very good. They beat out my 75mm and 90mm Omicron-el lenses, but were not any better than the black Componon(non -S) 80mm f5.6 that I have. I could only use the little Saunders/LPL6700 as my D3 isn't fully aligned yet. I went as large as 16"x16" from a 6x6 neg and cropped for a corner and center of that neg. The Meogon 80mm seemed to have slightly better contrast than the Componon 80mm, but not by much and the corners were the same at f8 and very close to the same wide open. Since "wide open" is f2.8 on the 80mm Meogon I'd say that's pretty darn good. I'm happy so far, but will really test out my armada of lenses when I finish aligning the Omega D3. The D3 will allow me to crop much easier than the little LPL6700. It sure is nice to have a fully functional darkroom again. I lock the door from the inside and have music playing so I'm in a little world all of my own. My wife wants me to install and intercom system so she can make sure I haven't died in there. Women sure do seem to worry more than men do about that. I told her I have a Nextel(cell phone) and she can beep me if she hasn't seen me for a day or two. JohnW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin