Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,362   Online: 820

Shooter
    Medium Format

Volumes needed with Paterson tanks w/ Motor Base

I've been using the standard 500ml tank with 250ml of solution with a motor base with no problems for six months now.

However, I know have gotten my hands on the 2x 120 tank, and it asks for 1L. This only makes sense for hand processing. Would 500ml also be acceptable for this tank on a base? That seems to make sense, but I first want to know if you any of you have any recommendations or advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heres how to figure volumn needed; load empty reels into tank, fill with water approx. to half way in tank, hold clear plastic or glass over open end, turn tank horizontal while holding sight glass firmly against end of tank, note fluid level in tank. If theres enough liquid to cover all film, then you are finished, if not add more water and check again. When you are comfortable that you have enough, pour liquid into measuring container, and make note of volumn.

Or, look on the bottom of the tank, some makers post vols. required there.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Patterson universal and it seems to need 400ml minimum to cover the film, as suggested by ralnphot. This is what I use.

However this does not take into account the ability for the developer to work around the film, as it is coiled and can provide an elevator like action. If 250ml works, it works. All I can say is get some cheap film and test your new tank.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin