Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,487   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

All joints completed.

I did hook my air compressor up to that faucet and then brush soap water around each joint. They all looked good so I turned the main water supply back on. No leaks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's the right idea. Leave the plastic pipe and push fit connectors for those developers who want to build houses as quickly as they can for the maximum profit. Stick to soldered copper in your own house.

I like those 135 degree joints. They're not very common over here. I personally bend everything to fit but they would make some jobs a bit easier.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Finished.

Shooter
    Multi Format

This is the cold water supply for the Jobo CPP2, in cases where I want to do a process below room temp. I put a thermometer on there because in the summer the cold water gets pretty warm; I need to know my cold water temp is so I don't set the Jobo to a temp lower than the water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, I used it this morning. The main use is to fill my CPP2 with tempered water and mix the chemicals with tempered water. That way it is ready to go right away.

BTW I still don't feel a B&W darkroom needs a mixing panel. The main reason I put it in was that I did need a WATER FILTER, so, I thought that since I'm tapping into the lines anyway, I'd put in a mixing panel also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI for anyone with one of these Powers Fotopanels. The seal kits are available, but with some difficulty as Powers does not want you to have them (or at least they won't sell it to me).

I was able to get these two sets with a bunch of painful phone calls through a local plumbing supply distributor.

I got the set for the "Volume" valve, which leaks on mine when set above the lowest setting. I also got the original kit for the on-off valve. I currently have a rubber washer in there that I matched up at the hardware store, but its not exactly correct and the knob turns pretty stiff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Im jealous

Nice work!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dale, Thanks for the nice thread..pics were great...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    FYI for anyone with one of these Powers Fotopanels. The seal kits are available, but with some difficulty as Powers does not want you to have them (or at least they won't sell it to me).

I was able to get these two sets with a bunch of painful phone calls through a local plumbing supply distributor.

I got the set for the "Volume" valve, which leaks on mine when set above the lowest setting. I also got the original kit for the on-off valve. I currently have a rubber washer in there that I matched up at the hardware store, but its not exactly correct and the knob turns pretty stiff.

Please elaborate- I am stuck with a leaky FotoPanel. Do you have any part numbers or other inside information you could share?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, as a plumber, I have to weigh in...

Copper is a great material, but it's not the end-all, be-all. Gold standard? Yes, before there was lined PEX. Copper's weakness is mineral-heavy water...i.e. well water. If you have that, you are going to eventually have leaks...there's just no way around it. I had copper lines in my house, and I ripped every one of them out to be replaced with PEX lines, just to stop the problems that I was having with my ultra-mineral-rich well water literally eating through the copper lines. If you're on relatively mineral-free city water...you probably won't have an issue. Not to say that the OP was wrong to choose copper - far from it, as I appreciate a good sweat job if one has the skills (Nice joints, OP!) - but there is nothing inferior about a PEX system, whatsoever. Do stay away from PVC and CPVC, if possible, though.

As far as the connectors are concerned, we (and by that, I mean professional plumbers as a whole) were VERY reluctant to accept the Sharkbite and Gatorbite connections. They just don't look like they could possibly work. However, we were wrong: we've seen no more or less failures of those connections than we have with any other type. The biggest drawback that they have is that they are EXPENSIVE...but that can be quickly offset by the negligible amount of time that it takes to install one, the ease of installing one in a very tight space, and the simplicity of connecting dissimilar pipe materials. In other words, don't be afraid to use one. They work just fine.

Okay, information session closed. It's fun to screw around with darkroom plumbing, isn't it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin