Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,855   Online: 1003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Missing parts in Jobo 2830?

Hi! I'm new in this group so first I introduceme ,

I bought a Jobo print drum 2830 and i think there's some light trap part missed. The atached photo show all pieces i have. Somebody knows part # or where to buy one? I have to buy a gear cog to use it with jobo lift in cpp-2. Thank you for advice!
    Last edited by cway; 04-02-2010 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey mates, i need some help on this. Please excuseme, my english is not so good...the main question is if this print drum (2830) needs a center core.

I think that the funnel is not enough to prevent fogging...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You appear to have everything there for the print drum - With my drums, the only ones to have a center core are the film drums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    # 2503 you need for a gear cog.
    # 03049 (beaker) you need for the drum, when using for paper.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Paul & Robert, thanks for your advice. I have the beaker, in the photo is noticiable but it's atached to the cap. Today I ordered in B&H the other parts for the cpp (lift, gear cogs, 2523 drum + proper reels). Back to 2830 drum, I thought the funnel wasn't "enough" to prevent fogging on prints, but as you can see this will be my first experience with rotating drums (and my first experience printing analogue as soon as my focomat v35 arrives!!).

Thanks, i'll browsing the forum to learn more about developing

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cway View Post
    ...(and my first experience printing analogue as soon as my focomat v35 arrives!!)...
    What's wrong with trays? Limited space?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    What's wrong with trays? Limited space?
    Hi Anon Ymous: Actually since I bought a Jobo CPP-2 I want to use it to print's developing too. I have limited space, time and the nearest water supply is in a bathroom in front of the "darkroom" and regular results with manual developing so -imho- i can get better results and constrain some variables affecting development. But this is my theory. Time will give the answers...

Shooter
    35mm
    You don't need running water for printing. In fact, it's only needed when you wash prints, which can be done in batches. Limited space is a problem, but suffice to say that 4 20x25cm (or 8x10inch) trays will probably fit on top of a washing machine, like I do. Since the bathroom is right next to the darkroom, washing is not a problem at all. And I seriously doubt that you'll save any time using print drums. Tray processing is very easy and practically fool proof. Print drums can be a plus if you make color prints, but not so with BW. In fact, automated processors are ideal for color film development, where you'll have some obvious benefits.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I can't argue with experienced people like you, have a friend who used to develop and print and has trays so I'll try (please wait me a month till i set up my darkroom).

Another reason to buy the printdrum was the price: about U$S 32 new (in Buenos Aires dealer), cheaper than B&H price. But regardless the method, since I only developed film before, real darkroom practice is about to begin. My expectations are on the film development side, i want to see if i can improve the
    results. Anyway, since first time i saw jobo cpp-2 i felt in a kind of geek fever and wanted one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    BTW i started to love APUG. Have a lot to learn, i'm just a beginner in photography and this appears to be a nice place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin