Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,084   Online: 797

View Poll Results: Do you listen to music while in the darkroom

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to listen to music when in the darkroom.

64 74.42%
  • I like the sounds of silence when I work in the darkroom.

22 25.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Music in the Darkroom?

Do you listen to music in the darkroom or do you like the silence. I like silence when I am loading film into a tank or into the holders but while processing and printing I love music. I have just bought another record player so I'll now have one for the darkroom. That will really be a treat!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah yes....the gentle hum of the ventilation system, the gurgling of the water, and MUSIC! I am in another world and loving it. I do NOT have a phone in the darkroom - the voice mail can take it.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    I always have music on in the darkroom. It adds a lot to the darkroom experience!

Dale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    . I have just bought another record player so I'll now have one for the darkroom. That will really be a treat!
    What is it about our breed, darkrooms rather then Digital, Vinyl rather then Cd..

I love it

Long time since I had a permanent darkroom ( working on it right now ) but I do like a bit of music.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I marked neither of the boxes. It all depends on my mood, and what time of the day(sometimes I print at 4 or 5 in the AM) so I dont disturb the rest of the family. When I do listen, its usually Deep Tracks on Sirius sat. radio.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to listen to music when I'm in the darkroom, most of the time anyway.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would actually like to put a phone in my darkroom. A rotary phone on the wall would be fun, I think. Other than that no phone. I'd probably turn the ringer off and use it just to send calls out.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I listen to the radio regardless of printing or developing film. Deathly quiet just doesn't cut it for me.
    Firestarter - maybe I'll try and fit an 8-Track player to match my old turntable and casette deck that lives in the house?

Images
    I do not listen to music when I am doing any kind of work. It's not that I don't like music, I love it, and it overwhelms me completely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    when I get the chance to get back in the darkroom(at school, can't print at home ), it will be with an ipod blasting some mc hammer, Led Zeppelin, and some beach boys!

nice thing too, the lab techs run the internet radio ALLLLLLLLL day long!

-Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin