Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,336   Online: 950

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I don’t see mention of what type head your enlarger will have, diffusion, cold light, etc. If it is cold light I highly recommend the Stop Clock Vario with a probe to measure the amount of light output making it easier to make changes that reflect your intention. I have had the Vario several years and have been very happy with the RH Design product. If you search here and the LF Forum, you will find many happy users. If RH doesn’t see the thread and respond, go to the site and request information by email. He is very helpful.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    ... even if you don't use the splitgrade functions the f/stop steps in timing are a godsend (plus the dry down compensation, test strip maker etc). I really don't think you'd regret getting one.
    Ditto. I was introduced to the StopClock by Les McLean at one of his workshops. I saw the advantages, but didn't buy one until a few months later when the timer I had suffered a sudden (an inexplicable) death. Karma?

Anyway, f stop timing, especially for test strips, is a revelation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the StopClock in combination with the ZoneMaster. Would not want to be without. I thought the Analyzer would be a bit much for me, and so far, I have not missed it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thankyou for all the replies.

I had been leaning more towards the stopclock pro than the analser model .

I actually have 2 enlargers, one condenser, beseler 23cII and one diffusion, LPL C7700 . From what I have read on the RH website the standard stopclock pro will work fine with both. Don't think I will be buying two though

I might start a darkroom build thread to show it's progress once it gets underway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Recently I upgraded my enlarger to a DeVere 504 and because of the Transtab unit I had to use the standard timer for a while as you need to buy a special cable to connect the RH timer up to it. During this time I really missed the StopClock Pro, its just so much more convenient compared to a simple timer; even if you don't use the splitgrade functions the f/stop steps in timing are a godsend (plus the dry down compensation, test strip maker etc). I really don't think you'd regret getting one.
    You can do what I did. Mount the supplied connector on a power-strip. Plug the enlargers into the one power strip. I customized two power-strips--one for the enlargers the other for the safelights.

Ken
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have more than a few enlargers. I have clocks for all of them but find that I move my RH clocks around (I have 2 and want yet another) to be on the particular enlarger I am working on at the moment. I probably have used them for over 10 maybe close to 15 years now. It's been a while regardless. Their designs have helped my printing in the darkroom more than anything else.

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I actually have 2 enlargers, one condenser, beseler 23cII and one diffusion, LPL C7700 . From what I have read on the RH website the standard stopclock pro will work fine with both. Don't think I will be buying two though
    I use mine with two enlargers. The electrical connection is like a computer cord. I bought two short adapter cords from RH Designs and have one one each enlarger cord. Not necessary but it works a little smoother than fiddling with only one adapter.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do not know about the analiser. I bought a Stopclock Pro about 6 month ago. This is great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Firestarter

The StopClock is the one for you if you want to make the finest possible prints, as its two channels, memories and finer resolution offer you more control. The timer part of the Analyser is simpler, it has one channel and no programmable sequences although there is a clever burn-in feature. If you want to add exposure metering, buy a ZoneMaster II to go with your StopClock; you can use the meter to get a work print quickly and then use the StopClock to refine it. The ZoneMaster's metering is identical to the Analyser's.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I didn't realize the Analyser doesn't have programmable sequences. They rock. Get the StopClock.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin