Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,746   Online: 985

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Robeert: Regarding the Jobo engineer and the knowledge that she/he brings to us, is there any hope/expectation that Jobo will think twice about discontinuing their processor line?

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Due to worldwide sales last years in (analog) processors it's unlikely that Jobo will resume in producing in CPE/CPA/CPP and ATL processors. Mr. L. has a wide experience in these machines and is in whole Europe active in maintanance of these processors, refurbishing and re-installment. Via his network it's possible to have access to complete refurbished Jobo processors.
    For me this was one of the few times for developing a large format negative 5x7" (and bigger) in an expert drum and got the precise settings from Jobo.
    My own regular cameras are stopping at 6x7cm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks very much Robert! I will give that a try again. I tried it at wildbill's suggestion earlier, but it did not work -- I now realize that it was because the chemicals were dead. Now that I am working fresh again, I will give the temperature bump another try. Did he mention any other suggestions for working with an expert drum? That is my main reason for using a jobo...I am currently the only person in Iceland that I am aware of who is processing 4x5 E6...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes the loading of a sheet film in an expert drum is very simple and reliable. Compared with a Jobo 2509N reel (6x 4x5") it's so much easier. Jobo is also recommending a pre-soak for C41 and E6 due to the tempering of the big drum itself.
    I am sure that with these advices the result in E6 processing will be OK now. C41 and E6 are full standard processes so every deviation on this standard will lead to a worser result.
    Sucess with your next development,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Due to worldwide sales last years in (analog) processors it's unlikely that Jobo will resume in producing in CPE/CPA/CPP and ATL processors. Mr. L. has a wide experience in these machines and is in whole Europe active in maintanance of these processors, refurbishing and re-installment. Via his network it's possible to have access to complete refurbished Jobo processors.
    For me this was one of the few times for developing a large format negative 5x7" (and bigger) in an expert drum and got the precise settings from Jobo.
    My own regular cameras are stopping at 6x7cm.
    Wouldn't Jobo be able to sell more processors if well marketed and available at reasonable price?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Wouldn't Jobo be able to sell more processors if well marketed and available at reasonable price?

Tom
    I doubt it......

I am sorry to have agree with Robert...we are the last holdouts in the world of film, and Jobo has turned much of their current efforts towards satisfying the needs of digital photographers.

We do have service available in the USA through Omega-Satter, but such service can be quite costly. Greg Blank is the contact person there. He is pleasant and knowledgeable, but can be some what officious. I guess he hears the same questions over and over again, and sometimes gets tired of providing the same answers. At least we can still get the parts needed for repairs. As a back-up, one might do well to at least become familiar with the elements of tray processing, or tube processing, for black and white film. Really not that difficult of course, and well within the capabilities of all of us.

Shooter
    35mm
    Even if Jobos were reasonably priced how many numbers would they sell?..........now that many are going towards digital. I think 100 CPPs per year would be too much to expect......what do you people say???????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure one hundred Jobo CPP units is such a bad figure, depending on Jobo's costs to produce the machine.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that is all the demand for shooting film is, because film is fast getting into pure art form with digital used for regular monotonous work. I wanted to commercialize my film processor idea but am afraid if people will come forward to buy it. Worried about the demand!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin