Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,823   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92403

Cheap tools are the best - the airbrush compressors are generally quiter than the tanked type - take up a lot less room too, you could probably mount it under a table some where.

Without the canned air, what do you evacuate the developer stock solution bottle with? (no butane please)

Also, if you are a DIY'er - the scroll compressor out of an old fridge or AC can be monkeyed into a compressor. just hook up the wires to a switch, and figure out an airhose fitting.
    Last edited by totalamateur; 02-16-2010 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife, who does Reverse Glass Painting restorations, and uses air for both cleaning and air brushing started out with my portable air gun compressor with a filter/regulator. Noisy would be an understatement.

Then I purchase a used tank-less airbrush compressor that is almost silent, with a very gentle airflow. I think is was only $25 on Craigslist. You could hook up a foot switch to it if needed.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by totalamateur View Post
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92403

Cheap tools are the best - the airbrush compressors are generally quiter than the tanked type - take up a lot less room too, you could probably mount it under a table some where...
    This looks almost exactly like the one Calumet has for sale at about half the price.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by totalamateur View Post
    .....Without the canned air, what do you evacuate the developer stock solution bottle with? (no butane please)......
    I originally setup my darkroom with a remote compressor with a filtered and regulated outlet near my enlarger.

But a few years ago I bought a tank of Nitrogen and regulated it down to about 10 psi with a hose and "blow gun" adapter. Now I can blow away dust, and give a squirt into opened bottles of chemistry. In over a year, I have not yet refilled the Nitrogen tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield View Post
    I originally setup my darkroom with a remote compressor with a filtered and regulated outlet near my enlarger.

But a few years ago I bought a tank of Nitrogen and regulated it down to about 10 psi with a hose and "blow gun" adapter. Now I can blow away dust, and give a squirt into opened bottles of chemistry. In over a year, I have not yet refilled the Nitrogen tank.
    I heard that also, that the Nitrogen can be used. I have been thinking of getting set up this way for chemical storage anyway, so good idea.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I try to keep my negs clean. I rarely used compressed air nor canned air. If I have to clean my negs, I have this ear syringe that I've been using for years and it works well. http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=153337877

A wide camel's hair brush works great also. I like simple solutions. I'm also thinking of putting one of those $10 ionizers to remove static from my film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    This looks almost exactly like the one Calumet has for sale at about half the price.
    I searched Calumet and came up empty... I'm glad they're available; much better than canned air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin