Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,667   Online: 1088

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Compressor for darkroom

Hey all, about to start in on a new darkroom, and getting tired of buying compressed air to squirt each neg, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of using a small air compressor in the the darkroom, along with some in-line air filters in case of oil coming thru the lines. Any direction or idea would be welcome and thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep your small air compressor in the garage (or elsewhere), fill up a small air tank from time to time and bring that into the darkroom with you. A light coiled hose and nozzle can complete the kit. Not noisy and more compact. Just make sure that the air from the compressor to the darkroom supply tank has passed through a water separater/dryer and a filter.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi,
    Have a look at hobby stores, They have small compressors to run air brushes. I have one it's not very noisy. Try MIcromark.
    Hope this helps
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is what I use. It is fairly quiet, uses an oiless compressor (very important for photography), and is light weight. http://www.senco.com/con_rem/ViewTool.aspx?toolid=175

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would definitely run an oil-less air compressor and filter the air for water and contanimnets.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought a small, inexpensive store brand compressor from Menard's (a big box home improvement center in the Midwest US.) I installed it in the basement just outside my darkroom, installed filters and a regulator, and connected it to a coiled hose with air gun inside the darkroom. I regulate down to 15 or 20 psi to give a gentle but effective cleaning. It is noisy even inside the darkroom when it kicks on to refill the tank, but that only lasts for 30 seconds or so.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A source for an inexpensive inline filter to clean the air after an air/oil separator is a fuel filter for a late model Ford Crown Victoria.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    A source for an inexpensive inline filter to clean the air after an air/oil separator is a fuel filter for a late model Ford Crown Victoria.
    Why? Not disagreeing, just wondering what makes this fuel filter better than another one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    High flow capacity, and aftermarket ones are not very expensive, besides, it's the one I use and the WIX brand one works fine at 60 psi.

I forgot to add, it has pipe stubs on both ends, some have a threaded fitting on one side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Hey all, about to start in on a new darkroom, and getting tired of buying compressed air to squirt each neg, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of using a small air compressor in the the darkroom, along with some in-line air filters in case of oil coming thru the lines. Any direction or idea would be welcome and thanks.
    I bought mine at Calumet a couple of years ago. I works well, but I don't know if they still sell it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin