Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,589   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a durst enlarger

I want to change my enlarger (lpl 7700 vcce) to a powerful one and I have thought in a durst one, exactly, in a 805 or modular 70 one.
    Any advice?
    Something wrong about this enlargers?

Thank you pals.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the M70 with the colour head. No problems whatsoever -stable and solid. Switching between 35mm and 6x7 in 30 seconds.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank yo tleirtro.

What accesories do i need in order to change formats?
    What is your average printing time with this enlarger?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love Durst enlargers, but that LPL you have is pretty nice. Have you looked into the condenser head for the LPL? That will certainly bring your times down.

Another thing to consider is to get a 4x5 enlarger with a 200W or 250W bulb. Then use a 6x7 mixing box. That should get you brighter than a 6x7 enlarger with a 150 or 100w bulb.

Shooter
    35mm
    Your option is a good one ic-racer, sure my enlarger is not bad but I cannot deal with these long printing times.
    All good printers I know have two or more enlargers, one with condenser head an one with a diffussion one, but I don´t have enough room for both. I thought the durst module 70 is perfect for this because you can easily change heads and the diffusion printing times are more reliable.
    I wish I have had yesterday a condenser enlarger for printing a negative, I needed more contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking that LPL Triple Condenser Head 200-166 might be easy to interchange, like the Durst.

http://www.adorama.com/SD200166.html

Shooter
    35mm
    That's the price for a full durst modular 70 with a condenser head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw a Durst 900? on Chicago craigslist with a crapload of paper & chemistry for $200. There was so much in the picture it looked like the enlarger would almost be a freebie.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey! I'm the one who got the crapload of paper and chemicals and the Durst DA-900 enlarger. Of course my thought was to resell the enlarger and make everything else the freebies :-) I'm cleaning it up and taking pictures and had planned to put it on ebay but if one of my new friends here is interested, let me know. It's pretty well outfitted and looks to be in quite nice condition. I figure it's pretty easily shippable in three boxes but I won't be breaking it down until I sell it, in case someone more local wants it and doesn't want it all taken apart.

I scanned the manual and posted it here in another thread.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally, These days I'm a big fan of Omega enlargers. They are still in production, and easy to obtain parts.I used to own an M-601 back in the early 70's added a dichro head when they became available. Now I have six Omega machines. Four C-700's. a B66 pro lab w/both condenser and dichro heads, and a Pro Lab 4x5. I like having dedicated format machines, and love to collect toys. From a logistics point, this is only logical, as most interchange parts, and I know what each will do without too much messing around.

Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin