Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,963   Online: 954

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Beseler Lens Boards - Not All The Same?

Hi Everyone,

I took a look at the owners manual for my Beseler 23CII and noticed that there are different numbers for different boards based on focal length. I've been using a 100mm lens for my 6x7 negs in both a Besler 4x5 enlarger as well as the 23C. However, I also shoot 135 and have a 50mm lens. Can't I use the same board for my 50mm as I have the 100mm in? It's the only board I have right now. Thanks for replies.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    If it is a flat board, it will probably work fine, unless you need to make larger than about 11x14 enlargements. That would require a slightly recessed board so the lens can get closer to the negative in order to focus.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Larger lens on the 4x5 may need a different board so the rear element can clear the metal that is part of the turret attachment - I think it starts to be a concern with 180mm designs and up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a beseler 23C and a 45MX. The lensboards are interchangeable between the two. As far as I know, the boards are all the same, the only difference being the size of the hole in the board. (except for the extended or recessed boards)
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may also indicate a different length of the light tube.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rmann View Post
    Larger lens on the 4x5 may need a different board so the rear element can clear the metal that is part of the turret attachment - I think it starts to be a concern with 180mm designs and up.
    I have never seen a turret attachment that uses the 4x4 board. The only turret attachment that I am aware of fits only the MXT and the lens screw right into it.

Is there another one?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I have never seen a turret attachment that uses the 4x4 board. The only turret attachment that I am aware of fits only the MXT and the lens screw right into it.

Is there another one?
    Yes, you are correct - I was thinking of the VXL.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin