Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 969

Thread: Developing

Shooter
    35mm

Developing

Hey, I am very new at the whole analog photography. I have a 35mm camera and i know how to use that but now i would like to learn how to develop my film, I'm taking this step my step so for now all i want to do is develop them, not ready to take on the prints yet. Ha. So I'm wondering what i need as in equipment and what to do. Thank you very much

P.s where do i go about getting this stuff?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Give the people at Freestyle a call and they'll set you up with everything you need...at a good price too! http://www.freestylephoto.biz
    Peter Abzug
    Inside Exposure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out instructables.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Deve...-Film-at-Home/

Good luck!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    To start developing your own film (and I am assuming B&W, though this works for color, too) you will need a developing tank and reels. I would get the two reel tank (16 ounce) to start. A good thermometer that is accurate in the 60-80 degree Fahrenheit range, but up to 120 for color. A digital kitchen timer, a pair of scissors and a can opener. Some string or wire and a few clothespins. So:

Tank, 16 ounce
    2x reels (these are mid priced, if you can get the more expensive then great, but don't get the cheapest.)
    Can Opener
    Scissors (Walmart)
    Thermometer (Walmart)
    Timer (Walmart)
    String or wire and clothespins to hang film to dry (Walmart)
    A very dark place to handle the film while you load onto the reels, or a changing bag.

it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of measuring cups for your chemicals.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin