Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,872   Online: 1145

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Who owns A dip and Dunk Film Processor

I am curious who else here owns and operates a Dip and Dunk film processor? I own a C-41 tecnolab, E-6 tecnolab and B&W Tecnolab Ide love to know who else is out there who's running similar machines.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know much about these. What is the B&W Tecnolab? Its good for fine art film processing? Is it a dip and dunk?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I don't know much about these. What is the B&W Tecnolab? Its good for fine art film processing? Is it a dip and dunk?
    Hahaha, enlighten me, what's the difference between "finer art film processing" and other types of "film processing".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apconan View Post
    Hahaha, enlighten me, what's the difference between "finer art film processing" and other types of "film processing".
    When I think of commercial B&W processing in the USA I think of the "Versamat" which we called the "Scratchamat" back in the 70s. It was totally unsuitable for processing anything other than cheap consumer B&W snapshots. Getting B&W film processed at a commercial facility was not something even members of our Junior High photo club would even have considered.

So, the question is really, 'is that thing better than the Versamat?'
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-21-2010 at 08:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't, but I'd love to get one for C-41. Just so I could process it easily at my leisure. I obviously don't go through enough color film though for it to be worth my while.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dip and Dunk Processing is a scratch proof method of processing (unless something goes horridly wrong) Which on a well maintained machine it doesnt. The Film is placed onto a hanger and is lifted and lowered into a huge tanks of chemistry (hence dip and dunk) and the film hangs suspended in chemistry touching nothing and is gently agitated by pea sized bubbles of Nitrogen gas. Once the film is processed it is gently air dried and is ready to be printed, scanned, sleeved , mounted etc.... it is perhaps the best method for film processing because it is so gentle on the film. I have attached an image of one of these machines in the link below. These machines are quite large, and have rooms dedicated to them.

http://www.tecnolab-international.co...lta20micro.jpg
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Great. Thanks for the pics and info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is fantastic. So you actually have one of these for B&W? Where did you get it and does it need to be running all the time, etc?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sixty-Eight Degrees lab in New York has a Refrema dip and dunk for B&W. It holds something like 160 gallons of Xtol.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I want a processor which will hold 6 one liter SS tanks of chemistry at exactly 100 degrees. I wonder where I could find one...maybe build one?
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin