Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,619   Online: 757

Shooter
    35mm

Saunders LPL 670 DXL Enlarger

Hi Guys,

New to forum here, setting up a DR from my daughter and have a bead on a set up with a Saunders enlarger. Admittedly my experience goes back 30 years to my Dad's old darkroom, so I'm familiar with Beseler and Omega. Is this Saunders unit OK, I found they are out of business, but not much else. It's got a color head, but we'll only do B&W, but I can use the color head for the PC filters, correct? Opinions/thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    SAUNDERS enlarger are supported , but all of a sudden i don't remember the url, but i will get back to you with that infomration.

we have 8 of the larger enlargers at the school and they are terrific and well built so i can't image that the series your checking out isn't along the same lines.

you can use the color head for black and white, just check the recommendations on the paper for a beginning number to represent the paper grade.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Saunders/LPL is a good enlarger. I have 3 of them and enjoy using. The company supporting these in the US is
    www.omegasatter.com

in Canada
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone, great info.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good enlarger. Check out the "darkroom portraits" thread if you have not already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great enlarger - I have a LPL7700 colour head and love it. Best $700 I have ever spent!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    fantastic enlarger...I have the variable contrast version. I also have a Leitz enlarger for 35mm and it compares nicely with it. One of my favorite features is the available glass carrier. Go for it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin