Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,249   Online: 1042

3e8

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Retaining ring for Rodagon 300mm f/5.6

I purchased a Rodagon 300mm enlarging lens off of ebay recently, and it didn't come with a retaining ring. I contacted HP marketing, who sells the Rodenstock lenses, and they said they sold all their remaining stock of the retaining rings to KEH when they stoped selling the 300mm. So I've called KEH, and they n longer have any of the retaining rings left.

Any thoughts where I can get the retaining ring for this lens? I did a quick search of ebay and couldn't find any.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You may have to bite the bullet and have SK Grimes make one for you. And I think Mike1234 is selling retaining rings of all sorts.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depending on how you are going to mount it, a flange from SK Grimes might not cost much more than just a ring. In fact my 300mm Rodagon came from Durst mounted on a Vapla board using the flange in the back as a retaining ring.

I'm probably going to have them make a 75mm M.9 flange for a 250mm Fujinar that I have.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-23-2010 at 07:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a bag full of retaining rings but, unfortunately, I don't have a 90mm. Sorry...

I have a couple of Ilex #4's and #5's plus an Aplhax #4 plus a very large and a HUGE brass TT&H and a plethora of others in many sizes down to tiny/miniscule.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I have a bag full of retaining rings

75mm M0.9??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    75mm M0.9??
    I'll Check.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's just a really big nut, right? If you can't find one, ring around a few custom engineering joints and they'll probably make you one in 5 minutes out of brass on a lathe - you just need to know the thread measurements. Or hand the lens over and they'll measure and make one.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    75mm M0.9??
    I lent my thread gauges to someone and can't remember who. I've ordered more but it'll be a week before they arrive. That stated... I forgot to search for a 75mm flange last night. I'll pin a note to my shirt so I remember tonight.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Try KHB Photografix... http://www.khbphotografix.com/ ..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    75mm M0.9??
    I have a 75.49mm and a 74.28 as measured by the innermost threads. Again, I can't measure the pitch until my new guages arrive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin