Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,039   Online: 835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is not a cost thing just a "I wonder" thing. Probably ISB is less expensive??? But if I ever need to do an Emegency Stopectomy, it is good to know What choices I have at hand!!!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    It is not a cost thing just a "I wonder" thing. Probably ISB is less expensive??? But if I ever need to do an Emegency Stopectomy, it is good to know What choices I have at hand!!!
    Distilled white vinegar is the best choice. Dilute accordingly to get a 1,5 - 2% acetic acid solution.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    From my recollection (I'm at work - miles from the kitchen) table vinegar is usally 5% actetic acid so 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water will give you a 1.66% solution . Again from my recollection the cost would work out very similarly , in fact if you buy 5Litre bottles of stop its bound to be cheaper than vinegar . Interesting question though - always wondered myself!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At $7 for a 474ml bottle of Kodak ISB, that works out to 30 cents per liter, so if 5% vinegar is more than 60 cents per liter, the Kodak is cheaper for a 2-2.5% mix.

Images
    Now for the really important question. Can I use my Stop Bath on my salad? And if so, what dilution should I use?
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As mentioned use distilled vinegar, the stuff that looks like water, not the brown stuff. And not any of the exotic vinegars like Balsamic.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    As mentioned use distilled vinegar, the stuff that looks like water, not the brown stuff. And not any of the exotic vinegars like Balsamic.
    It might be an interesting effect! Balsamic vs. apple cider vs. red wine...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin