Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,245   Online: 811

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Darkroom Move Almost Complete...

Well, since I had an extended weekend off work I decided to move my Darkroom from the laundry room to it's very own room in the basement.

I've had a 6' Delta ABS Sink sitting around for several months and even got a stand built for it

The fun will begin tomorrow, that's when I'm going to run the plumbing to hook up the sink. :o

Wish me luck!

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am so jealous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    congratulations!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like your arrangement at the enlarger, I may try to emulate it. The sink is another story. That thing will limit you to maybe 11x14 prints at best. I had one for a while and couldn't fit my trays into it very well. I wound up getting an old morgue table from a supplier my wife knows and redoing the plumbing in it. It has a sink on one end with a faucet and I mounted four more spigots in the holes next to the sink for my film washers and print washers.
    I have the Wing Lynch water control too, they are great!
    Gary Beasley

Images
    WOW! That looks great. I'm going to crack open a beer and go cry in my darkroom now.
    hi!

Images
    In my "darkroom", the only water is in the next room. All my film and print washing is done around a dainty little bathroom sink. You have no idea how jealous I am of all you guys with big, luxurious processing sinks (and a place to put it). Washing is the biggest chore of my darkroom evening.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your darkroom is just too darned neat! I mean that both ways. Touse it up a bit so I don't feel so guilty.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlin
    Your darkroom is just too darned neat! I mean that both ways. Touse it up a bit so I don't feel so guilty.

HAHA... You didn't see it before I moved everything

Gary, The sink is just temporary. I've been looking for a reasonably priced 8' stainless steel sink that is within driving distance. So far no luck, that's why I ordered the Delta for now.

Something else I need to install tomorrow too. I picked up a portable Husky air compressor (and water trap to fit on the line) today at Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...s/163858_4.jpg

I got tired of buying all those cans of compressed air to dust off negatives. I figure that I can put it under the workbench and run the air hose up the back and through the pegboard. With the small amount of air used to dust off the negatives I won't need to run it very often, just long enough to charge up the tank.

Should pay for it's self quickly.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    In my "darkroom", the only water is in the next room. All my film and print washing is done around a dainty little bathroom sink. You have no idea how jealous I am of all you guys with big, luxurious processing sinks (and a place to put it). Washing is the biggest chore of my darkroom evening.
    Flotsam,
    I can feel your pain

I actually have a fiberglass darkroom sink, but can't hook it up to the water source across the hall. I just walk the prints into the bathroom to wash them.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Flotsam,
    I can feel your pain
    So can I - my nearest water is one floor down. But we have cats, so everything is dried another floor down where the cats have no access.

So I carry water up one set of stairs for processing, prints or films (in water) down again for intermediate wash, then down a very narrow stair for final wash and drying.

And that's about all the exercise I get these days - at least when it's raining.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin