Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,911   Online: 857

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My transformer can be wired to give step-up as well as step-down voltage. You can have it for postage(it weighs about 12lbs).

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    208 vac is the voltage between two legs on a 3 phase supply, each leg measures 110vac to neutral/ground. Domestic supply to houses is 220 vac between the two hot supply lines, which are each end of a grounded center tapped transformer. Each line measures 110vac to neutral or ground.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Isn't the 220v supply actually closer to 208v derived from connecting across two of the three phases rather than one phase to neutral?

Steve.
    120, and 220 are just nominal values. Folks in the USA that are more hard core into guitar amp building and guitar tone than myself run a variac to set the voltatge. My workshop measures 117V with my RMS meter most of the time and I'm fine with that.

Here is Robben Fords rig. Notice the red Variac!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Patton View Post
    Thanks, guys. . . I was a little surprised to find out it was 220/Eur wired. . . The guy I got it from just got back from Germany where he bought it. . . I got my Beseler while I was living in Italy. . . So I should've known. . . :o

As far as the "if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't try" response. . . you're probably right. . . there are only two things regarding electricity I'm any good at. . . flipping the on/off switch . . . and making two pieces of short pipe into a long one. . . other than that it's "call an electrician". . . .
    I actually thought you WERE in the real MOSCOW. Since you are in the US, an external transformer to run a 220 appliance or running a line for a 220 appliance are less than ideal things.

I DID have a USA Omega D power supply open a while back and I'm pretty sure its transformer had both 120 and 220 inputs on the primary, even the box was just wired for USA. So, I suspect the Euro 220 units are using the same transformer that would also have the 120 inputs.

Personally I'd take up the kind offer for a second power supply if its the right one for your enlarger!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a small German tool the came with a step down transformer for USA market. The motor is very small so its not very big. I would check eBay and elsewhere to find out what a step-down transformer would cost to run the watts needed, which I would take the stated wattage and double it.

Or, if to expensive, find a moon lighting license electrician, and see what he would charge to run a 220v outlet to your darkroom. Unless you area is different, prices should reflect the market, meaning cheaper now than 2 years ago.

If it were me, I would run the line, however, I can do my own electric.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin