Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,422   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo declared insolvent - Shuts doors after over 75 years

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How sad.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Mirko? Can you enlighten us at all?

Either Jobo used equipment will go through the roof in value, or the entire Jobo "processing" paradigm will fade over the next few years. The key will obviously be the availability of parts to support Omega-Satter, or another repair shop that steps into the void-assuming, once again, that parts are available... back to trays, and DBI I guess.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why should used-prizes (for processors) rise?
    Jobo still offers processors though production was cancelled years ago. Thus people are not interested in new ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Mirko? Can you enlighten us at all?
    or even beter, try to get the tooling for the Jobo tanks and related products so that you can have them made by some small plastics shop.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Why should used-prizes (for processors) rise?
    Jobo still offers processors though production was cancelled years ago. Thus people are not interested in new ones.
    As you inferred, my comments were based on the Jobo analog product line, not the digital product line. Simply look at the prices for processors, and especially expert tanks, on that auction site. For example, expert tanks that I purchased for $250 or so a few years ago are selling for close to $450-$500 now. The Euro to Dollar exchange rate has obviously made buying new Jobo materials quite expensive here in the USA, and thus used Jobo materials have also risen in price. If there will no longer be any new Jobo products made, than once the available new supply is gone ( Are there new CPP units still available, and if so, what is the price? I have occasionally seen new CPP processors available for $3,000 or more. Yes, I suspect that such new items are considered to be over -priced and will not easily sell ), there will be no other source for Jobo processors other than on the used market. If there is a demand, wouldn't the price rise -as we have seen has occurred with the expert tanks and other Jobo products? The price might not rise to the price of a new processor of course. However, my 2 1/2 year old CPP processor has, judging from many of the prices on ebay, increased in value along with the previously noted prices for the expert tanks.

I agree completely that another source for Jobo parts would be wonderful to find.
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 03-15-2010 at 09:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Grammar and typos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Jobo tanks and parts I have seen are injection moulded which would put it out of reach of small shops. Producing parts even with existing tooling would be an expensive, serious operation. I am working with Bob Carnie on a specialized machine and ancilliary products and will post more information in the near future. Without benefit of mass production, options are severely limited.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

I'm becoming more concerned....IF there are no parts to replace worn out items, then eventually-absent another source-those of us who use Jobo analog materials will indeed be "up the creek"....of course there are other options that work for so many ( tubes, trays, hangers, nitrogen burst, developing by inspection, etc. ) but the convenience and consistency of using the Jobo will be hard to replace. Perhaps Jobo can reorganize into a smaller entity....sigh....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin